turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Congrats To Bullock, Lyman, And Mero

Started by Turkey Trot, February 18, 2013, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

I checked the winners of callmaking competition and recognized those three as makers that post here with some regularity.  Each of them did well.

Mero was second with a trumpet.  Brian, I am not surprised that you did that well based on the work you've been posting here.

http://www.nwtf.org/special_events/post_convention_callmaking.html
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

pappy

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 18, 2013, 05:39:27 PM
Did I miss any regular posters?
hahahahha...don't think you missed me since I couldn't place if i had a gold rod stuck in the end of my trumpet and it was playing Dixie!!!...Congrats though to Tim and Brian ...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

merocustomcalls

Thanks and I couldn't be happier.  The second place trumpet was one I posted here earlier in the fall.

Gawhitaker

Crawdad

TRKYHTR

Atta boy you guys. Brian I pulled out a piece of Mun tonight. I'll get it started in the next couple of days.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Turkey Trot

Quote from: merocustomcalls on February 18, 2013, 07:42:08 PM
Thanks and I couldn't be happier.  The second place trumpet was one I posted here earlier in the fall.

What is that, and acid stained burl?

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: pappy on February 18, 2013, 06:02:33 PM
Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 18, 2013, 05:39:27 PM
Did I miss any regular posters?
hahahahha...don't think you missed me since I couldn't place if i had a gold rod stuck in the end of my trumpet and it was playing Dixie!!!...Congrats though to Tim and Brian ...

Mr. lewis, myself and so many other call makers and hunters are amazed each time you build and display or post your calls, they are works of art by a accomplished artist. you Sir are a first place call maker, and do not need a contest to verify that.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

mountman62

I can agree, the call by Pappy looked awful good to me, oh, and it sounds good to, i got it, i missed out on several other trumpets, sorry TRKYHTR & Mero, i had 2 of Joe's calls and yours for a while, but just couldn't buy all I wanted to, and had to watch for hands with pens in them, some awesome work on those tables this weekend
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

trb136

Thanks Guys...I had a great time this year...enjoyed meeting alot of you...

silverspur

Congrats to all regardless if you won or not.  You have talent that you share with many of us.  Remember, the best judge is the wild turkey and he is your best judge!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs