OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just got off the phone with Mr. Lonnie Sneed!

Started by heathwesley, February 12, 2013, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

Called and spoke with Lonnie today and everyone is right.  A very, very nice man.  I enjoyed are short conversation about his calls and the upcoming turkey season.  He mentioned that he is very busy and was up tell 1:00 AM last night working on orders.  I can wait to get mine in the mail and fire em up. 
Heath Smith - Illinois Turkey Hunter

drenalinld

You will not be disappointed. His calls have a vintage look and are easy to run and full of turkey.

cntrlPAlngbrds

I also just got off the phone with Mr. Sneed and he told me he's made over 15,000 calls in his life. Gotta respect his old school style of business taking a few minutes to talk with each customer...you know he's as busy as any guy around and still makes the time for each customer...I can't wait for my call and to show my friends and send Mr. Sneed some more business!!! Class act.

Deputy 14

Very fine gentleman. Glad I had the opportunity to speak with him. Great calls and will be buying more as soon as I can.

drenalinld

A nicer gentleman you will not find. He won't brag but he won about five state championship calling contests. He knows how to build them and run them!

TauntoHawk

Is there a long wait for his hot hen slate? I need to pick up a new slate to replace the my favorite which seemed to have died since last season.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

REBELYELL

I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He ran my new call for me and it sounded awesome. He knows how to make them, how to run them and he knows all of the turkey vocabulary. He is fine fellow. He can usually ship you a call as soon as he gets your check. I can't wait for it to get here.

zkid09

i just got my hot hen a few days ago and i LOVE it. highly debating on getting a green glass from him before season as well but im running out of time haha

absolutely awesome guy!

captin_hook

I talked to Mr Sneed yesterday for about a hour. Heck of a guy. I love talking to old timers like him. He possess so much knowledge . He played about 6 calls over the phone for me along with telling me a few old stories. I just put a check in the mail to him for a hot hen slate. He's only about 2 hours south of me and we were already talking about meeting up.

drenalinld

Quote from: zkid09 on March 07, 2013, 04:01:03 AM
i just got my hot hen a few days ago and i LOVE it. highly debating on getting a green glass from him before season as well but im running out of time haha

absolutely awesome guy!
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, order it sooner rather than later. He won't be making them forever and if you wait too long you will regret it. The green glass is a really good one. I recommend the 3-1/2" size over the larger size.

cntrlPAlngbrds

does anyone know if you get a striker with Lonnie's calls?

lonnie sneed jr.

wvboy

I have one that his Dad made back in 2001 .. you won't be dissapointed..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

heathwesley

Quote from: wvboy on March 07, 2013, 04:11:09 PM
I have one that his Dad made back in 2001 .. you won't be dissapointed..

To the best of my knowledge Lonnie Sr. is still making all the calls.  Unless your talking about Sr.'s father?

heathwesley

Wanted to let you all know that I have received my hot hen and green glass calls and I am very satisfied.  I love the way the sound and the construction of them.  The leather covers Lonnie sends with them may be my favorite part.  Typically in a light rain or on a wet morning I will keep my pot call(s) under my shirt or jacket.  With these covers I can just slip them on and keep them dry and protected.  Great to have between seasons just to keep them protected as well.  Thank you Mr. Sneed!