OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Today's pattern testing

Started by tha bugman, February 09, 2013, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

You have a few chokes that should put you in the 300 +/- rang with the 7's.  Now that said what was the weather like when you shot.    I think the 675 rang is what it needs.  Now that said my gun will have small pattern with 6's at 30 and have better numbers with 7's.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I just checked my photos.  I lied to you.  My bad.  LOL! 

573 shot was the best I have ever done inside a 20" circle at a tape measuered 40yds.  It was shot with Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's with the good stuff - 300325.  Now this was the very first shot out of the brand new .670 Pure Gold.  Now just so you know, the Pure Gold never came close to repeating this pattern.  But it threw a very good overall 20" turkey killing pattern.  But it would not beat my Star Dot.

I doubt if I ever will top that 20" pattern for number of shot. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Anybody that is wanting a great shooting 835 choke $ for $ that would be very hard for any choke costing twice as much and then some to beat shooting Hevi-13 3.5" #7 loads may want to try the TruGlo SSX .670.  Cheapest place I know of for $34.59 shipped.

http://www.riflescopes.webyshops.com/Brands/Truglo-Choke-Tubes/TRUGLO-Strut-Stopper-Xtreme-Choke-Tube-Mossberg-TG151X

Thomas6689

with 198 in the ten who needs the 7's that is way more than enough for a clean kill at 40.  go with the 6's