Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

26" barrel 2 3/4" chamber 20 gauge Fixed Imp Cyl and Fed HW 7s Question

Started by R AJ, February 07, 2013, 10:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Not my choice of combo. However, Has anyone who has this choke tried the Fed HW FCW
in any size shot and results if any please. Even if if was good to 30 yards it is great news on this one.
I feel that #7 HTL in h-13 and Fed will beat anything else for patterning.

My first few turkeys in life were taken using a 26" Browning 16 ga Imp Cyl and #4 shot so I am aware that my calling ability and pressure on the gonads was paramount to my success.

gophert

I have not tested this, but you got to think that the Fed HW with the flight control wad would give you a better number.  The question is...how far.  I patterned the Fed HW #7 in 2 3/4 with a .570 choke and based on the numbers, I would not shoot that pattern beyond 30 yards.  The Imp cyl may make it more of a 20 to 25 yard.  It would be a great gun if you were using decoys and could pretty much guarantee the birds would get to the distance you want. 

surehuntsalot

25-35 yd gun,maybe maybe not
you will have to try it and see,but I have a feeling that the fcw is going to surprise you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chris30br

I have not tested a fixed improved cylinder like what u are trying but if I had my guess the he DC was is going to give u the best result