turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is this to be expected?

Started by jbennett, February 22, 2013, 08:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

I shot (for the first time) my browning gold hunter 10 with 24" deep cleaned barrel, primos jelly head .690 choke, and hevi 13 mag blend 3.5" today and these were the results:

• 20 yards- looked like a softball went through the target with only 8 stray pellets outside of 10" circle.
• 30 yards- 250+ (stopped counting due to irrelevance) in 10" circle
• 40 yards- 167 in 10" circle

If these results are typical then I should have made the switch years ago! I'm loving the big 10 right now.

Old Gobbler

clean the barrel and choke out , and then shoot it at 40 yards zeroed in - you should break 200 with it like that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

jbennett

I had actually shot 5 times while sighting in before the 40 yard shot, so I imagine the barrel was pretty dirty. Will do and thanks!

Gamblinman

Welcome to the world of complete devastation.

:newmascot:

Fear the 10

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Rockhound

Yea you should break 200 i get the numbers you are getting with the straight 5s. My gun like a dirty barrel though.

jbennett

Cleaned the barrel and shot today at 40 yards and got 205. That surpassed my expectations by far and I'm planning to clean it up and wait for opening day to hopefully connect a few if those pellets with a birds head.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: jbennett on February 24, 2013, 05:04:31 PM
Cleaned the barrel and shot today at 40 yards and got 205. That surpassed my expectations by far and I'm planning to clean it up and wait for opening day to hopefully connect a few if those pellets with a birds head.

Awesome! I had a 5 shot average of 227 with the MagBlends and a 685 Hastings. That is going to smash a turkey head!