OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old 20ga Remington Hevi-Shot Shells found!!!!

Started by Philippe, February 04, 2013, 06:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I finally found some of the old Remington Hevi-Shot turkey loads. Got a box of the 20ga 3 in 1 1/4 oz 6's to try out. Anyone have any good results with these shells out of an 870 20ga?

R AJ

They seem to like the Rem SF in my 26" 870. A 570-575 just worked good with that shell.

Philippe

Well suppose the next nice day near 60 we get i'm gonna have to hit the patterning range and just see how they stand up against the federal heavy weights.

Oh and if ya'll are nice i might share with ya where you can order them. :gobble:

mightyjoeyoung

I know where you can buy them by the CASE for $199.99 with free shipping...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

wbpc

What numbers are y'all getting in the 10 at 40 yards ?

mightyjoeyoung

With the hevi 6's?  140 avg at 40 yards.  Took my first bird of the season 2 years ago at a conservative 38 yards and that load just wrecked him!  I did a postmortem on his head/neack and he was one huge clot with a bunch ofd shattered bone mixed in.  Nasty.  I have the pic on here somewhere...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

I have several boxes of this very load saved away
this has been my go to load for awhile
with a .570 Hastings getting around 110-125
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jakesdad

Ive had very good results out of my 870 with the Rem SF choke.Using the 3" 1 1/4 #6 I averaged 120s at 40 yds.I think I have 6 or 8 left.As much as I usually use lead,I would LOVE to know where you guys got your hands on some of those green box beauties!PLEASE,PRETTY PLEASE :)If someone would be so kind to pm me some info it would be much appreciated!!!!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

agturkey

I bought a case from Dunns two weeks ago.  570 Carlson wife gun mossberg

Philippe

Looks like a great pattern above. I'm on a students budget so no case for me!

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"