OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thoughts on CompNChoke?

Started by TheSportsman, February 03, 2013, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Dont know much about them? Whats been your experience with the Comp N Choke line of turkey chokes?

BrowningGuy88

The one I have shoots Win HV 3" 5's and 6's extremely well. It has the horizontal slits for porting. I haven't shot any Hevi out of it.

stinkpickle

They don't recommend shooting Hevi thru them, so I didn't bother to try.  However, their XXXFull (.670) Inv+ model for my Browning BPS was the best performer for most lead shells.  If I switch back to using lead, that choke will be back in my gun.  ;)

savduck

Boswell machinery owns Kicks Gobbling thunder and Comp N choke. CNC has slotted ports. It won a couple NWTF shoots when it first came out and they still shot lead. In fact I believe it set a record that stood until Hevi shot started being used.

I have a CNC XXfull in my beretta 390 that shoots #4 lead excellent. I've killed quite a few birds with it. They do not recommend shooting hevi through it. CNC are well built chokes.
Georgia Boy

Oconeeguy

Have one for my BPS. It is .670 and shot the best lead pattern i have to date. Cant remember details but I was surprised that Rem Premium Magnum 3"-2oz-#5 outshot the Winchester High Velocity with that choke.

HartClemson99

I killed a lot of birds back in the 90's-2000's with a Comp-N-Choke XX using Winchester #5s.  I killed a lot of turkeys.  But after I shot my first bird about 10 years ago with Hevi-Shot and saw what it did to it's head....I haven't looked back.  It was the best choke at the time for lead.  I wish they would make a Hevi-Shot tube, but after 10 years, I doubt they will.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973