turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turn Tail and Run or STAND? 02/03/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, February 03, 2013, 11:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Proverbs 10:25........When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.....
There are many who believe that this world is quickly spiraling down hill. It is hard to overlook this fact, especially here in this country, the violence, the corruption and the immoral lifestyle of so many seem to have taken control over the few......it is like a hurricane of sin swiping through the country that would make Katrina and Sandy take a back seat.
What are we to do? Matthew 24:12-13.....Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved Noone who ever laid down and gave up ever won the war! Noone who ever turned tail and run ever succeeded in crossing the finish line! It is time for us as true believers to stand for what we hold near and dear in our hearts. And, unfortunately it is not going to be easy, it is in fact going to try our very spirit, and it will refine our faith unlike ever before.....but we who stand will be rewarded with eternal bliss. I look inot the eyes of our future when I look into the eyes of our grandchildren, I can see their strength, their determination to rise above their trials, even as young as they are, they are not quitters....they hold onto their values they have been taught, kind of like holding onto a pipe driven into the ground during a wind storm, you know the pipe isn't going any where, so it is up to you to hold on to get past the storm....it has worked for me in the past....Psalm 40:2....He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. and I am certain it will work for us all who believe in the future. We just have to take a stand, a couple weeks ago, a Christian group won a court battle so that they can leave bibles in the lunchroom of their local school, they couldn't push them, but they could make them available to those who wanted them, IN SCHOOL....they took a stand, and won the battle, and this is just one of countless battles gong on today....are you facing one? Will you be willing to take a stand, by faith, to see your efforts pay off for the Glory of God? Just think about it...........pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Duke0002

Great reminder, Jack. Thanks.  The world is very evil, but God's Word is pure and everlasting.   :jesus-cross: