OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flight Control patterns at shorter ranges ?

Started by pogo, February 01, 2013, 10:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo

Has anyone shot the 20 gauge flight control heavyweight 7s at short ranges to determine there patterns?  I'm talking like around 20 yards.  I am new to the 20 gauge turkey world having used these shells last season on a bird for fun.  With my 12 gauges I have always patterned at 20 yards as well as longer ranges to see how tight it is and if POI and POA match.  With the flight control and heavyweight 7s I was wondering if it produced a typical 20 yard spread or if that wad made it tighter (too tight even).  Anyone?  I will obviously do some patterning myself soon, but wondered if I could learn from others too.

agturkey

Many will not agree with this but anything 15 yards or closer with any turkey gun I body shoot them.  Never lost one this way but have rode many in the truck that way.

savduck

I have out of both of my guns. At 10 the core is a little bigger than a golfball, at 20 about like a  softball.  Both my guns shot them where i aimed them.
Georgia Boy

mightyjoeyoung

Let me put it this way.  If the bird is inside of 20 yards, you better have your cheek solidly planted on that stock and you had better be squeeeeeezing that trigger real slow and steady.  You'll either miss him or straight mush his noggin. :z-dizzy:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.