OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Midway says-Win XR discontinued by manufact....

Started by TheSportsman, January 29, 2013, 09:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

WOW- Midway USAs web says the Win XR has been discontinued by manufact...... this aint good at all boys... Ive talked to too many folks, even folks that work at the plant, that didnt know of it being discontinued... this blows. Guess i better stock up on win xr 3.5" 6s.....

savduck

Interesting.

Never saw that coming. :TooFunny:
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

you may now commence hoarding .....   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ccleroy

Someone will pick this up and run with it. There's to much money to be made.

Old Gobbler

It will divert market share into the hands of the companies remaining

Remingtons Wingnaster HD -- was discontinued a little more than a year ago , they blame tungsten prices - in my opinion , they should have had a specialized turkey offering and put more effort into it 

Federal announced they will be discontinuing their waterfowl HW offerings , Winchester did so too , but I guess Winchester pulled the plug on the turkey by the looks of it

There are many turkey hunters , but the premium stuff is , I guess, too small of a niche for them to bother
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildSpur

Hopefully for them they will go back to the drawing board.  They have good quality but need to get with the times IMO...something to compete with H13.

Cluck more, yelp less

chatterbox

If I keep mine, I have enough to last me years. 62 shells, and I know here I can get another box or two if need be  ;D.

chatterbox

It makes you wonder if this is the beginning of the end of factory loaded HTL. It has to start somehere, and the other unfortunate part is, you just might find prices of the other competitors go up- one less big dog on the porch fighting over table scraps.
I think companies like Federal will  take a good long look at what Winchester is doing, and  how much they are profiting from their HTL loads, and if the market is what they consider too small, BAM!!! Loads no longer offered.
Companies have share holders to answer to, and if they are loosing money on a premium shell that only a select group of turkey hunters use, then that offering will be removed from the market-plain and simple.
It's too bad. I really like HTL, and I like how it performs in my gun. Sites like this one opened my eyes to a new world of possibilities of what my gun could do with the right choke and load combo, and I have never looked back.
I have enough to last me a good long time, but that isn't the case for everyone. My turkey season consists of checking my pattern with one shell right at the beginning of the season, and if I am blessed, one turkey in the spring, and possibly one in the fall. That is only one to three shells a year.
I also think a by product of all of this will less shooting at the patterning board. If you have a decent pattern, most guys are gonna stick with that, and call it good. The shell you shoot today, may not be offered tommorow.

savduck

What the ammo companies all need to do is band together and pick one size HTL say number 7 or number 6 and only load that shot size. By doing this the sheer volume of the component order will drive cost down.
Georgia Boy

WildSpur

Quote from: savduck on January 30, 2013, 07:07:28 AM
What the ammo companies all need to do is band together and pick one size HTL say number 7 or number 6 and only load that shot size. By doing this the sheer volume of the component order will drive cost down.

I like it.  Probably could do away with #4 and #5.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

stinkpickle

Quote from: chatterbox on January 30, 2013, 05:36:46 AM
Companies have share holders to answer to, and if they are loosing money on a premium shell that only a select group of turkey hunters use, then that offering will be removed from the market-plain and simple.

This^^^  Sad reality.