OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Intentional Coyote Kill

Started by tomstopper, January 28, 2013, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Saturday I went strictly coyote hunting for the first time. I used my new Stoeger M3500 that I just purchased from a friend with the Hevi Shot coyote loads and had a blast. I think I might have just found a new passion after turkey season.......

scoot12

Man,  thats awesome,  did you use caller or electronic caller,  I have tried a few times but they can be tought.  Scoot

BrowningGuy88

We are going to be calling starting Saturday until turkey season! I can't wait to put some fur on the ground!!!

tomstopper

Quote from: scoot12 on January 28, 2013, 03:04:22 PM
Man,  that's awesome,  did you use caller or electronic caller,  I have tried a few times but they can be tought.  Scoot
Used my friends electronic caller. He has bugging me for months to go out and now I wish I would have went sooner. I think I am hooked.

Onpoint

captin_hook

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Nicely done!! They are a hoot to call in and kill. Sounds like you have a new addiction..  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Kylongspur88

It's a lot of fun. I have been using my rifle, but I also carry my 870 with 3in #4 buck. I'm shooting full choke now, but want to get into an extended tube for buckshot loads.

Solid Snake

I'd like to get into this sport as well. I don't have a rifle and would be using my 870. My question is why wouldn't you use slugs with a shotgun rather than buckshot?

longspur

Eric Gregg

WVhuntEER

That's awesome!  I just bought a foxpro wildfire call.   I haven't had a chance to try it yet though!   Like the others said,  kill em all!   :icon_thumright:

budtripp

Quote from: Shaw24 on January 30, 2013, 08:31:43 AM
I'd like to get into this sport as well. I don't have a rifle and would be using my 870. My question is why wouldn't you use slugs with a shotgun rather than buckshot?

Because the advantage of carrying a shotgun when predator hunting is for those close shots at moving coyotes that sometimes occur when they come charging in, also for calling in thick cover. Thats where shotguns with buck come into there own. If you use slugs then there's no real point in having the shotgun as its just as hard to hit those fast movers as with a rifle. A small caliber rifle (223, 22-20 etc) is far superior for coyotes over 50yds or so. Not to mention I wouldn't want to put up with slug gun recoil and price of good slugs just for shooting coyotes

archery1

Take a kid hunting