turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 1/24/2013

Started by Roostem33, January 24, 2013, 12:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

This past Sunday my pastor talked about being life giving in our actions and what we speak. My wife and I talked about it in length after the service and it is amazing how often we speak negative words. We made a challenge to one another that we would let each other know when we were speaking negative instead of positive. It put a new spin on what my mom told me growing up, "if you don't have anything good to say, just keep it to yourself". We are made in the image of God so this should be easy right? I think with me it has become a creature of habit and one I'm not very proud of. In (Matthew 5:16) it says "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." I'm sure that there are others that fight this same problem from time to time, so lets try to always think about the positive and forget about the negative.

Lord, thank you for all the blessings in my life, help me to have the strength to find the good in everything that's before me. In Jesus name, Amen!

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great accountability.

Thanks Jody!!

God Bless,
David B.