turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

box call chalk?

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, July 10, 2012, 12:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

I am looking for box call chalk and I am sure I have found it by googling railroad chalk but there is a bunch of companies that sell it in bulk. Can any of the box call makers tell me of a company to buy from that there chalk is tried and true for boxs. Hate to order a case of it and it mess up a call or a customers call? Thanks in advance!!-Lyle

lightsoutcalls

I know you are asking about railroad chalk, but I would suggest trying Rainchalk.  It is around $5 a pop for a piece the size of an old fashioned ice cube.  That is the only thing I use on box calls.  It works well on friction calls too.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

woodwzrd

I use railroad chalk on my boxes. It works great. I believe there are three main makers of it but I am not sure if there is any difference between them. I got mine from the guy that taught me how to make boxes but I am not sure what brand it is. I would call the company and ask them if there is any wax or other damaging binders in their chalk.

blacky

Try McMaster-Carr for the raildroad chalk but I agree RainChalk® is the real deal.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

eaglea1

I use kids sidewalk chalk, works great!

Spring Creek Calls

I recently started using Rain Chalk and highly recommend it. If you are looking for regular box call chalk, check out this link  .walbuck.com/products.html

On problem is they sell in large quantities, 144 pieces for $15.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com