turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glue

Started by TN-Hunter, January 18, 2013, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN-Hunter

Does anyone know of a applicator to put the glue down around the calling surface.I have a hard time getting the right amount all the way around the edge.When i look at some of the production run calls at the store they have an exact amount an very even all the way around.I would like my calls to look like that.I use goop glue and a syringe or the app that comes with the tube. I need to find a better way.Mine is not bad but their must be a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Addicted to Gobblin

My wife being a nurse found me some 10 ml syringes that have a plastic tip on them for injecting meds. into iv lines. If you can find some at the drug store you can cut the tip off and they work absolutely perfect.  Not sure where she got these for me.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Goop doesn't leave a real good glue line in any application in my opinion especially if you twist the the surface a little if you want a small syringe try you local drug store. But goop is good stuff!!

VanHelden Game Calls

Vet supplies at your farm store.  Big syringes and big needles for the sticky stiff goop, works great.

TN-Hunter

Has anyone ever used some of the 3m adhesive or the welder, they both make adhesive that stays flexable Someone must have a adhesive that leaves a better glue line an stays flexable.Goop is good but it is extremely hard to repeat a consistant glue line every time.And by the looks of some i have seen someone has found a better way.Going to call a 3M tech Monday to see what he can come up with.

Houndstooth Game Calls

There's no law on using it try some other stuff never know what you will find
I have learned to not twist the surface in the call and it gives a better glue line..

TRKYHTR

You can also put a small groove on your calling surface lip for the glue to set in. I think it hold it better and doesn't smash all over the place.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TarheelTurk

I use a child med syringe , and when available a slightly smaller syringe, houndstooth I may try not rotating ( as much if at all ) on my next call I finish up this week and also may try putting a groove in one. As far as Goop is concerned its great stuff I love it also.
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

merocustomcalls

http://www.firstoptionmedical.com/Kendall-General-Purpose-Syringe-Monoject-12-mL-wit-p/30077.htm

I use the above syringe and trim it back to make the opening larger if needed depending on the thickness of the glue. 

I got a roller bearing and made a rotating disc for the call to sit in and spin the pot with one hand while I plunge the syringe with the other.

stone road turkey calls

I use a toothpic, it works great for me. the more you do the better you will get.

gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TN-Hunter

Thanks, for the helpI will give new syringe a try.

flydowntn

Go to COOP and get the needles that gives ijections to animals. Never had a problem.
Do not twist. I put food cans on mine after I put the surface on. Let sit overnight and its ready to go.

Shane
S. P. Game Calls