OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Example:The Mindset of Our Nations Youth

Started by tomstopper, January 17, 2013, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Picked up my son last night along with a female friend so the could study for a history exam. On the way home we stopped at Burger King to get them something to eat. She said she really wanted a veggie burger but couldn't b/c they were made with eggs (shes allergic). This is were it all went wrong. She made a comment to me about her telling her mother that they should file a lawsuit b/c of the slogan "Have it your way". I asked her why she felt this action was warranted and she replied "It would teach them a lesson about false advertisement & it wouldn't hurt them to give up some of their millions so she didn't have to work". With all that is happening in my beloved country right now, that was the wrong thing for her to say to me. I tried to remain calm & teach her a thing or two.

Lesson 1: That company built its business & didn't owe her anything.
     Lesson 2: It was her choice to eat there. BK did not force her to come there.
     Lesson 3: You have to work for your money. There should be no handouts.....
     Lesson 4: Common sense should prevail. Their slogan does not mean every ingredient.

I hope I was able to help change her way of thinking at least. It just made me realize a little more how much the future of America is dependent on the government and our tax dollars & how moral/social responsibility is fading away from our society. It is a troubling time and I hope by talking to her it made sense and she will pass it along to her piers. How else do we fix this problem b/c to Dems/Libs are not going to do it. In combination with worthless parenting (not her parents, they are good people) Our youths minds are poisoned. Any suggestions on how to get through to these young people. I hope we can turn this around not only for my children's sake, but for the sake of this nation. God Bless......

Turkey Beard

11 states now have more people on welfare than working. 7 of them voted for Obama...
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

5bites

Good job on the remaining calm part. It's hard to do sometimes and still be able to think straight while debating these types.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: 5bites on January 17, 2013, 10:10:54 AM
Good job on the remaining calm part. It's hard to do sometimes and still be able to think straight while debating these types.

:agreed:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Addicted to Gobblin

The dems./libitards have the youth of our nation right were they want them.  If they depend on the government and their stupid handouts then that's just more votes come election day.  I work in the school system and I see it everyday, it is mind blowing to think some individual thinks they deserve something they didn't work for. I have 3 young boys that will grow up working for what they get and learning that you are going to FAIL more than you succeed but you have to pick yourself up and learn from those life lessons because no one owes you anything in this life. I grew up this way and I'm thankful for parents who still raise their kids with hickory switches.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

GSLAM95

Sounds like you handled the situation very well, tell your son not to date anyone like that or it could be a  :TrainWreck1: waiting to happen ;D

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

The Cohutta Strutter

I've heard it referred to as the "dumbing of America" phase of history for this country we are in right now. Yes, my hat off to you for taking the time to show her the correct point of view..David.
Anybody seen America lately?

Muzzy61

Yep, It drives me crazy.
Not all, but most want everything right now without working for it.
I'm entitled to a cell phone. I'm entitled to a new car, i can't drive a used one. I'm entitled to a management postion, I'm not working my way up the ladder.......

I swear i believe it all started when they quite keeping score in Tee Ball, and everybody gets a trophy. Little Johnny needs to learn that there are winners and losers, and hard work determines the outcome.

Man, I'm getting old. I'm starting to sound like the old guy you hoped your baseball never went in his yard....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lmbhngr

If you really think about it take a look at society now. I had a guy help me today at work and the first thing he said to me was " boy business must be good". He was referring to the new truck I was driving not knowing it was the loaner they gave me while they put the new frame in the other one! I`m not sure how this country will recover from this entitlement generation we are surrounded by.

stone road turkey calls

quote author=Gooserbat link=topic=30201.msg313675#msg313675 date=1358439065]
THAT"S WHY I HOMESCHOOL MY KIDS!!!

[/quote] :icon_thumright:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

sockwell

I get fired up about comments like this also, but not so much at the kid.  Somewhere, there are a couple of parents that need a swift kick in the tail.  "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  I'm 53 years old.  The biggest criticism I have of my generation is we let others train our kids (TV, teachers, peer pressure, etc.) while we were busy providing the physical things we thought they (and we) needed.  Somewhere along the way, we lost track of what was really important.

flintlock

Nice work.  Wisdom comes with age and she just got a booster shot.   :)
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Eric Gregg

Quote from: sockwell on January 18, 2013, 08:19:50 AM
I get fired up about comments like this also, but not so much at the kid.  Somewhere, there are a couple of parents that need a swift kick in the tail.  "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  I'm 53 years old.  The biggest criticism I have of my generation is we let others train our kids (TV, teachers, peer pressure, etc.) while we were busy providing the physical things we thought they (and we) needed.  Somewhere along the way, we lost track of what was really important.

I have worked in youth ministry for a while, and I have told numerous parents that if you do not believe in children's ministry, Satan surely does. Parents seem to find time for every social event under the sun, but at the end of the week cannot find time to make it to Sunday School.......and then wonder why their family is falling apart at the seams when they reach the ripe teenage years.  If you do not take time sowing good seed into your children and making sure they are taught responsibility, self-worth and respect, and how to be a productive citizen, then I can guarantee you that the government has an alternative way of thinking and behavior out there for them.
Today's youth are buying the propaganda of liberal thinking and it is showing...

A quote that I always remember is "More is caught than taught"....

shark

I agree with sockwell, parents need to instill values in there kids. I have a son 15 and a daughter 12. Both are members of the local 4-H shooting education club, fca (fellowship christian athlettes)
son is a boy scout (almost eagle), daughter in 4-H critter club I believe programs like these really help. To much are given to kids nowadays, my son wants something he has to buy it ( he works helping a local farmer )  wanted a phone had to buy it and pay us for a year servis up front, I thank that's the way that these extras should be handled, helps respect what they get.