OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Finished!!!! THANKS SumToy!!!

Started by BrowningGuy88, January 14, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

So I finally patterned my 870 Express Magnum 21" yesterday with the choke William built me last summer.

I shot 3 Federal HWT 6's and 3 Hevi-13 6's. The Feds turned in at 116, 119, and 122. The H13's turned in at 114, 119, and 128.

All shots at a tape measured 40 yards (120 feet) shot at a 3ftx3ft cardboard with shoot-n-c turkey targets stuck on. I shot the double beads on the gun and aimed at the waddles and the patterns of both Fed and H13 centered on the neck. I am stoked!!! I have 10 boxes of H13 and 5 boxes of Fed HWT, so I oiled the old girl up and put her back in the gun rack. She is ready to hunt!!!

Sorry I don't have any pics, but we forgot to carry the camera with us and it was raining so the targets were messed up by the time we got home.

Thank you so much William!
Daman

savduck

Georgia Boy

dogwood

BrowningGuy88

SumToy .562-5

William at SumToy can build whatever you need. I ordered mine after a lengthy conversation with him to shoot the Fed HWT specifically, but I guess I got lucky because it shoots the H13 6's great too!

jtharpe

BrowningGuy88

I couldn't resist trying the combo out in this nasty weather this morning. It was 31 degrees and sleeting when I loaded the first shell. One shot each with the Fed HWT and the H13 both in 6's.

The Fed's turned 115 and the H13 turned 118. The shots were at a tape measured 120 feet (40 yards). I think that this dog will hunt...

chatterbox

Quote from: Daman on January 17, 2013, 04:14:36 PM
I couldn't resist trying the combo out in this nasty weather this morning. It was 31 degrees and sleeting when I loaded the first shell. One shot each with the Fed HWT and the H13 both in 6's.

The Fed's turned 115 and the H13 turned 118. The shots were at a tape measured 120 feet (40 yards). I think that this dog will hunt...
AWSOME! I bet those numbers are gonna climb right up once you get some better weather!

BrowningGuy88

chatterbox,

I figure on a 70 degree day when the pressure and humidity are right the stars have aligned, I will run in the 130's with both the H13 and HWT 6's. That is plenty enough killing power for me.

DUPREE

Might have to snag up some fed hw 6 if I come across any. I would be happy with anything over 100 with them. They will hit hard!!!