turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pure Gold .555 for Remington

Started by davisd9, January 08, 2013, 08:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Anyone have any experience with this choke?  I am trying to narrow down which chokes to try in my new 11-87 with 26 in barrel.  So far I have decided to try the TruGlo SSX, Indian Creek, and maybe a Kicks.  The Pure Gold has done very well in both of my buddies 12 ga and was wondering if anyone had any luck with them using Hevi-Shot 3" 1.25 oz 7s.  Any help is greatly appreciated! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

savduck

I know every gun shoots different, and I also haven't shot the pure gold in anything but my weatherby and an 870. The 555 tempest put up 95 to 110 type patterns with federals in both guns. The 570 tempest, and ported 570 did about the same 95 to 110 at 40.

I did shoot one Hevi 13 7. I seem to remember it being a slightly better pattern...like in the 120s. I think that was the 570 tempest. Again, neither was out of an 1187 though.
Georgia Boy

davisd9

Always thankful for you willingness to tell others your experinece!  Thanks for the information!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gophert

If I remember correctly a few years ago the PG .555 was patterned by a few individuals with marginal success.  It was no where near the results that the IC .555 was getting with Hevi or Fed HW.  I think you will be very pleased with the chokes you have listed. 

I did a quick search and it seems the PG .570 actually put up better numbers.  Hope this helps. 

davisd9

Quote from: gophert on January 08, 2013, 11:05:48 AM
If I remember correctly a few years ago the PG .555 was patterned by a few individuals with marginal success.  It was no where near the results that the IC .555 was getting with Hevi or Fed HW.  I think you will be very pleased with the chokes you have listed. 

I did a quick search and it seems the PG .570 actually put up better numbers.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information.  Saw the PG .570 but figured with the smaller shot the .555 would work better. Good to know!

mightyjoeyoung

I've tried both and the .570 gave me better results with every load I tried.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

CB on the run

I went with a $10 Rem Xfull extended(pre-Hevi shot) turkey choke.  Not because I'm cheap but because the gun (Rem 1100) came "tweeked".  Ported, throat work & altered to shoot 3" mags by my gunsmith.  It shoots mid 140-150's with Fed HW #7's(older verision) & 180's with Hevishot #7's.