OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H.S. Strut Sqealin' Hen call

Started by tomdown#4, March 03, 2011, 03:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomdown#4

I am interested in the Sqealin' Hen call by H.S. Strut but I don't know much about it. I've never heard a turkey make a sound like that but I am considering getting one. It sounds like it woud be a good locater call if nothing else. If anyone has used it in the field, please tell me how it worked for you. Is it worth spending $20 on it?

turkey slayer

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ghillie

Crappiepro

chatterbox

vicksburg

I would not advise wasting $20 on it.  Take that $20 and go to the Hooks website and order you 4 mouth calls...or just toss the $20 out the window on your way home today...probably be better than being seen standing in line with one of those gimmicks in your hand.
]

hookedspur

Spend your money on about anything else.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Basser69

unclerick

The guy that mounted my bird has one, he was telling me that he used it last year as a last resort, just to see what would happen. Said the whole flock of turkeys took off running away from him, a little while later as he was going out he spoted a coyote, used that squellin hen to call him in.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

shootumindaface

They work.. I saw Matt Morrett call a turkey in on TV with one the other day :you_rock:

Hognutz

Seriously..The next time you go turkey hunting, take a $20 with you. Roll it up fairly tight and use it like a trumpet call. You probably won't call in a tom with this call, ( you never know), but at least, at the end of the day, you will still have your $20 dollar bill.  :icon_thumright:

The morale of the story is, don't waste your hard earned money on such foolishness. As for their commercial, don't believe everything you see..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

vaturkey

LAST WEEKEND I WENT TO A SPORT SHOW HERE IN VA. AND HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT EITHER BASS PRO OR CABEALAS WAS GIVING AWAY A SQUEALING HEN CALL FREE IF YOU SPEND SO MUCH MONEY. SO WHAT DOES THAT SAY ? IF THEY CANT SELL THEM THEY WILL GIVE THEM AWAY. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.