North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 01/04/13 "Hunting, a Game of Hide and Seek"

Started by BOFF, January 04, 2013, 10:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good morning Brothers and Sisters!!

I hope the New Year is starting of well for each of you.

Lately, I have been hunting and spending time in the woods after a big deer I have seen on two separate occasions. I passed him up earlier, thinking it would be nice for my daughter to shoot him. We did see him again hunting together, but spooked the does off in the field, and he left with them although he never saw us. We have been several more times, but have not seen him again. Our hunt for him will continue, as our season is not over yet.

Much like the above experience, many people are hunting for things in their lives to fill the emptiness inside. Hunting for more money, material things, job success, physical relationships, etc. In hunting for these items, to fill the emptiness, one will never be satisfied, for that emptiness is to be filled with the love of God, our Maker.

Fortunately, searching for God is an easy process, as He is waiting for each of us with open arms. He doesn't hide Himself from us, though at times, we may be blinded to His existence due to our own hands being placed over our eyes- sin. We all have sin, but we all have the Lord, waiting for us to accept Him as our Lord and Savior. Waiting to fill us with His love and peace, which will fill our emptiness.

There is no need to search, no need of a game of hide and seek. Jesus  is available!! Just in the proclamation of His name and your belief He was put to death for your sins, was buried, and raised three days later, to serve, as a living Savior for you, and me.

What a great way to start a New Year, and a new life, by filling the emptiness of your life with the everlasting love of Jesus Christ!! What are you waiting for? Stop the game of Hide and Seek, and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior today!!

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for another year of Blessings!! Forgive me of when I try to fill myself up with useless things, rather than turning to You. Help us to stay focused, and remain steadfast with our eyes upon You, and Your will for our lives.

Help us to spread Your sweet news to all those around us, through our actions, motives, and talk.

May those who are reading this now, who don't know You, accept You as their loving Savior.

May Your Kingdom be glorified in all we do.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Thanks for the reminder David. Too many times I am blinded by earthly desires
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

snoodlum