turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Un-natural ~ Devotion ~ 1/2/13

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 02, 2013, 10:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I'm letting you know up front that this devotion is POLITICALLY INCORRECT, but straight from God's word. 
    As most of us know, with the November elections, several states voted to embrace "same-sex marriage".  If you keep up with developments in the "religious" world, there have been several denominations that have endorsed having same-sex leaders.  Businesses have been sued for refusing to provide services for same-sex ceremonies (photography and bakery products) and to promote same-sex organizations (printed materials). 
    Although it seems these issues have arisen in the past few years, the "spirit" of the issues have been around for a few thousand years.  Even "gay rights" advocates will argue that "every society" throughout history has had practicing homosexuals.  While that may be true, God's take on it has ALWAYS been the same.
   By now, some may have quit reading.  Others may be asking "is this really neccessary?" or "is this the place to address this issue?"  My response - When was the last time your pastor addressed the issue head-on?  America is in the condition it is in because men have not had the concern or the kahunas to tackle the tough issues of life... the issues that cause people to get uncomfortable or to squirm a little as they engage discussion. 
   If you have time, take a look at the book of Jude.  It's only 1 chapter long.  I would suggest going to:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/
and do a search for Jude 1.  Read it in a couple of translations to get a real feel for the message.  Let's take a look at a portion of Jude:

Jude 1:3-7

New Living Translation (NLT)

The Danger of False Teachers

3 Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people. 4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

5 So I want to remind you, though you already know these things, that Jesus[a] first rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, but later he destroyed those who did not remain faithful. 6 And I remind you of the angels who did not stay within the limits of authority God gave them but left the place where they belonged. God has kept them securely chained in prisons of darkness, waiting for the great day of judgment. 7 And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.

All too often we stop at the place where the Bible talks about God condemning and judging those who take part in things we like to condemn.  We've likely all heard that saying "hate the sin but love the sinner".  I've recently heard someone in the conservative media condemning this saying, although I don't remember their argument.  If you believe the Bible is God's error-free word to us, let's look at what it says in Jude 1:17-23.

Jude 1:17-23

New Living Translation (NLT)

A Call to Remain Faithful

17 But you, my dear friends, must remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ said. 18 They told you that in the last times there would be scoffers whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires. 19 These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them.

20 But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, 21 and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love.

22 And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. 23 Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

Given that last verse, I find it hard to argue the old saying "hate the sin but love the sinner".  Sometimes it's hard to separate the two...  That's where we require some help from God. 

So why this issue?  Why here?  Why now?

We are where we are in America because too many of us don't know what we believe or why we believe it.  Too many of us haven't taken a stand on relevant issues of today.  The Bible has something to say about that as well...

1 Peter 3:13-16

New International Version (NIV)

13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened." 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

We have a job to do and a country to take back... It begins in prayer and right relationship to a Holy God.  Anyone else feeling a little conviction about now?  My hand is raised.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

snoodlum

Thank you for your time and effort in spreading the WORD ! I believe there is an end-time harvest of souls closely at hand. Let GOD's people be salt and light to those that will perish without JESUS. Amen :cross2:

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

turkey slayer

You hit the nail on the head, thanks  :jesus-cross:

BOFF

Thank you Wendell.

It is so hard at times to give an answer back with "gentleness and respect".

But through Christ we may do all things, rather than, through us. 

God Bless,
David B.