turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H&R 10ga 36in full choke

Started by RoyalKnight, December 30, 2012, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalKnight

I have an h&r with a 36 in barrel and a full choke. I am looking at cutting the barrel down and choking it. Anyone every had one done like this or have thoughts on it. Thanks.

Old Gobbler

My sp10 dials in at.  .938 on the outside with a caliper

These types of procedures are best tasked to gunsmiths who specialize in this particular field

Get some quotes,  and factor in the shipping rates and the purchase of a new choke tube and you will have to determine if it is worth it to choke the gun.. .or.... sell the gun on gunbroker and pick yourself up a used one with threads and often times a good aftermarket choke in it- occasionally you can get one for $250
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gamblinman

I wouldn't cut the barrel or try to install a choke system on that weapon, Save it.

Gman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

RoyalKnight

I think I will just leave it the way it is. Thanks for the replies.

decoykrvr

I've still got a Stevens (circa 1976) w/ a 36" barrel which I used to hunt turkeys with.  Although I haven't tried them, I would give the Federal Flite-Control, 10 gauge shells a try w/ that barrel.

M R Ducks

I bet that 36" H&R can throw a pattern.....

Ducks

Old Gobbler

I would like to have one of those "long toms"  if it could be threaded for chokes it would be a serious turkey gun

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M R Ducks

Carlson can thread that for any choke system you want - but I bet the barrel length sets up the shot column to a point a fixed full choke will be hard to beat. 

Byhalia

Sure did....cut down to 21" and got the forcing cone lengthened.....did it back in "79"
and I am still using that gun today !!!

OLD SCHOOL !!!!!!    :z-winnersmiley:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/