Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Christmas sightings...

Started by MDbowman, December 25, 2012, 11:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDbowman

Derek was over for Christmas fun today and I was telling him about a flock of turkeys I was watching at the bottom of the valley behind my woodpile a few days ago while filling a wheelbarrow with wood. They were ~50-60 yards from me and pretty much oblivious to me. I happened to look out a window today and catch the movement of a bird stretching and flapping its wings. Derek grabbed binocs and we walked out to watch them. There were at least 5 longbeards and one of them had double beard potential. Pretty sure they walked by my camera, I will check it out in a couple days to see. Have pics from a couple weeks ago but never noticed a double beard. We see the occasional bird here, but it is nice to see the flock may be expanding!

Duke0002

We received 6-8 " snow today.  Can't wait to get out and check for sign!

DMP

BowBendr

Quote from: MDbowman on December 25, 2012, 11:19:39 PMThere were at least 5 longbeards and one of them had double beard potential.

Seems to be a lot of multi-bearded birds in that general region......I know many long time hunters that have never seen one....post up some pics when you check the cam.

MDbowman

Not sure about the double beard.

bearded hen also.

DMP

canadatom

Nice pics, can't wait for spring, started dreaming about turkey hunting the other night, uhoh could be a long 4 months lol

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Fullfan

Great pic's, here in Nw Pa we have been under 16" of snow for the past 2 weeks. Rain and 45 today, and the birds were everywhere.  Looks like it is going to be another great spring here in Pa.

It will not be long....
Don't gobble at me...

MDbowman

Snow??? I guess that explains the push of duck I saw over Christmas week. Waiting on a new push, please send more!

This is the closest we have gotten to snow this year.

"Hey, when does turkey season start?"

DMP

I've got to get my cameras back out......

BowBendr

.....snow.....been 71* here the past 2 days...got the skeeter spray and bermuda shorts back out......