turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Here's A Updated Photo Of My Flashlight Collection

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, December 18, 2012, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

For those that may be interested, here's a picture I took a few minutes ago since I'm cleaning out the glass in my curio for my flashlights. 

drenalinld

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks.  There is some headlamps you can't see in that photo.  And I have some I forget to put in the picture.  I also have a few more coming soon.  The one I am really waiting on is the 85watt HID.  That ought to be my best thrower flashlight I have.  That big halogen spotlight in the middle of the back of the table is my best thrower light period.  I took a photo at dawn the other morning with it just to show the guys at BLF how bad it truly is.  Now remember this isn't pitch dark like when I normally take my beamshots.

445yds zoomed in some

njdevilsb

That's quite the collection.

Do you have a favorite for looking for blood at night?  I've been thinking about getting a good light.

ILIKEHEVI-13

What size light are you wanting?  I personally like the bigger thrower type lights. 

The ThruNite TN31 or L3 Illumination K40 are hard to beat in LED lights.  They each run off of lithium ion 18650 batteries. 

Now if your wanting a light that runs off AA batteries the Fenix TK41 is the way to go if you want a thrower. 

tomstopper

njdevilsb

Thanks for the reply.  I honestly don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to that.  I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned.

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

If you use the coupon code BLF10, in the coupon box you can get the L3 Illumination K40 for $108 shipped.  In my honest opinion, it's the best flashlight currently on the market for the money.  Just be sure and get good protected 18650 batteries to put in it.

http://www.sbflashlights.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=255

I recommend good protected 18650 batteries like these below and a good Xtar charger.  You'll need 3 of them to put in the K40. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PANASONIC-NCR18650A-LI-ION-BATTERY-3100mAh-3-7v-18650-NEW-PROTECTION-PCB-JAPAN-/230841753793?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item35bf3da0c1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTAR-WP2-II-BATTERY-CHARGER-10440-14500-14650-15270-16340-17670-18650-18700-/230740909236?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item35b93adcb4

And I also recommend a decent multimeter to check the voltage prior to and after charging just to be on the safe side. 

Now that may be a lot of money to some, but it will be probably the best flashlight you will ever buy and the brightest as well.  It will  easily light up objects at probably 500yds away or farther.  I love mine. 

But if you want to go the lesser expensive route, and want to stick with AA alkalines or nimh batteries, I would buy the Fenix TK41 U2 version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-TK41-U2-Cree-XM-L-LED-860-Lumen-Waterproof-Flashlight-AA-Batt-/121039244312?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c2e804c18

I highly recoomend this light to anyone here.  It will be one of the best flashlights you will ever own. 

vaturkey

Hevi

I love & respect your passion for your lights !!  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TheTwistedOne

Nice collection!

I don't collect like that but I scavenge older lights for parts to build new ones.  I hotwired maglites for a while but I really like using LED drop ins.

Here's one I built from an old Surefire G2, I snagged the battery extension on ebay for $8, Solarforce Head and generic clicky tailcap.  I'm running an XRE LED off two 17670 Li-Ions.  It cranks out 260 lumens at full power for more than 4 hours on a full charged set.  The driver is variable from 0-300 lumens (actual out the front is closer to 260).

captin_hook

Geez...you'll be ok in a power outage! Nice collection.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks guys. 

I got this 45/65/85watt HID flashlight in the mail today.  It should be a thrower.  It has the 4300K natural sunlight tint bulb in it now.  It also has the 6000k cool white buld that came with it. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: vaturkey on December 19, 2012, 03:49:17 PM

Hevi

I love & respect your passion for your lights !!  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Thanks a lot Ricky.

TheTwistedOne

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on December 19, 2012, 06:31:27 PM
Thanks guys. 

I got this 45/65/85watt HID flashlight in the mail today.  It should be a thrower.  It has the 4300K natural sunlight tint bulb in it now.  It also has the 6000k cool white buld that came with it. 

That will be a thrower!  Very nice.  I don't have any HID lights.