turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tri star viper

Started by tyelper, December 16, 2012, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyelper

anybody ever used one of these as a turkey taker, picked one up right thought about slapping it toghter as a turkey gun for one of the boys,,,,,it has the 28'' barrel and uses the berretta chokes

any pros or cons,,,,

thanks in advanced,,,,

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tyelper on December 16, 2012, 09:19:15 PM
anybody ever used one of these as a turkey taker, picked one up right thought about slapping it toghter as a turkey gun for one of the boys,,,,,it has the 28'' barrel and uses the berretta chokes

any pros or cons,,,,

thanks in advanced,,,,

There was a fellow who shot one of  those guns at the World Championship Still Target shoot, last year I believe, and he did quite well with it there. I think he also had a 28" barrel on his. He was using a Hevi-13 turkey choke and the patterns, both the 3" and the 10" were quite impressive.

I did not shoot the gun but looked at it a bit and it was a good looking gun. He said he'd only shot it enough to pattern it, so he did not have any information about durability and I've not had an opportunity to speak with him since that time to see how he likes it after a year or so.

Sorry I don't have any additional information about that gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

tyelper

yes its a very nice looking gun, and it cycles very well, i threw my kicks in it and im itching to fire a few rounds through it, im also debating on a choke for  in my 930 but havent shot it either gosh this time of the year hear in indiana after gun season goes out for deer i cant wait for spring to get here,

Improvinghunter101

This gun is what I shoot for everything.  My brother bought a Tri Star TSA 3 1/2" gun.  I refuse to shoot any shell bigger than needed so I got the Viper G2.  I can't tell you what the patterns are like as I have not took the time to count.  I put the Primos Tight Wad choke tube in mine.  I shot the target at 15,25,and 45 yards.  Each time I looked at the target, I said to myself that's a dead gobbler.  I shoot 3" 1 7/8 ounce 6 shot Remington Nitro Mag shells for turkeys.  I haven't played around with any other choke tubes.  Saw how that worked and figured I normally don't shoot more than 20 yards and that was good enough for me.  I've had the gun a little less than a year and have not had any problems with it yet.  Cycles wonderfully and shoots like a dream.  It's a good semi-auto for a good price.  Otherwise I would've stuck with the old 870