turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska Merriam's Hunt

Started by Joe2Kool, December 07, 2012, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe2Kool

Thinking about a Nebraska Merriam's hunt this year.  Anybody got some good suggestions on when to go?  In 2011, I went ner Chadron around May 10-15.  Saw birds, heard birds, and had good opportunities, but the 3 of us only brought home one bird.

deerhunt1988

You can probably write Chadron off the list. Most of those woods are now gone due to a wildfire this past September.  :(

GSLAM95

I like the North Central area of NE, just do some nocking on doors and expect to do a day or two of it visiting and you will be surprised with what you can come up with...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

neal

If your still looking I go to a place in NE that is loaded with birds and the guy doesn't over hunt. I'll be there again this spring pm me and I'll pass his number along if your interested.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

CT Spur Collector

My nephew and I hunted in northwest Nebraska near a small town of Anselmo. Loaded with birds. We used a great outfitter: Beechridge Outfitters. com  Nice accommodations, good food and loads of birds.

CT Spur Collector

Yeah, call my buddy Scott Heatly at Beechridge, his number is on the web site. He'll set you up.

CT Spur Collector

Cool, I'm not sure about public land in that area.

Good luck and have a great time, Nebraska is a good time.

mountman62

can tell you this, numbers are down big time in the southeastern part of the state, think i might head a little further west and maybe north, still thinking, want me one with lots of white, don't have my Merriam's yet
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]