OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nathan's first squirrel

Started by flintlock, November 19, 2012, 10:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

It is always a good thing to get a young man outside!  I had the pleasure of taking a boy from church out yesterday eve for little while to get his first squirrel.

...At the report of his grandpa's old 16ga single barrel shotgun, Nathan had just killed his first squirrel.   I brought the "prize" to Nathan and his smile shined like the dickens with all those braces glinting in the evening light, LOL.   

We moved to the back woodlot and setup right on the edge of the woods since we sounded like a herd of elephants in the dry leaves.  After 1/2hr I heard bark scratching and saw a big squirrel come around the tree about 20 yards.  I whispered to Nathan, "there he is" and his eyes got wide and up came the shotgun.   The squirrel went around to the back of the tree and the shotgun fired.  "I guess I waited too long to shoot, I was just SO EXCITED and my heart was pounding!", he replied.

As we made our way back to the car and I thanked God for the chance to be here w/this young man and as the day started to fade Nathan exclaimed, "LOOK how big his nuts are!" and we ended this special day with a good laugh....

Wess

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

tomstopper

Congrats to that young man and kudos to you for taking the time to take a kid out. He will remember the time you to spent forever...

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Turkey Beard

Thank you for giving of yourself! Congrats to Nathan!!
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Kylongspur88

Good one!! Cant beat a good squirrel hunt..