turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need Some Feedback

Started by bbcoach, November 18, 2012, 07:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I need some HELP from all of you that have used Turkey chairs while hunting.  I want to be mobile but I also want to be comfortable while setting for long periods.  I'm getting older, so the foam seats are not as comfortable as they used to be and trees are harder on the back.  I'm looking at the Alps Mountaineering seat vs the Cabelas Turkey Lounger.  PROS and CONS?  Advice welcomed. 

drenalinld

I have tried the Cabelas Turkey Lounger. It rocks. I am 6' 4" and 280 lbs. I may look at Alpine.

drenalinld

Which Alps seat are you looking at? The Siesta looks comfortable but not as portable as Lounger and bars will not be sturdy on tree roots and other uneven surfaces.

Turkey Beard

I use one of those seats that have the fold-up legs, front legs longer than the back. Sits just off the ground and is very portable.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

bbcoach

Quote from: drenalinld on November 18, 2012, 08:05:49 PM
Which Alps seat are you looking at? The Siesta looks comfortable but not as portable as Lounger and bars will not be sturdy on tree roots and other uneven surfaces.
I'm looking at the Alps Mountaineering Turkey Seat in Realtree, http://www.acadianaoutfitters.com/Alps-Mountaineering-Turkey-Chair.html  The seat looks very comfortable, is rated at 300 lbs, weighs in at 6 lbs and is made from powder coated steel tubing.  I also noticed that there isn't a tube under your legs in front that would cut off circulation to your feet and legs.  It looks like a quality seat at a decent price.