OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vests

Started by crenshawco, November 14, 2012, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

I know this has been discussed at length, but what do yall think is the best turkey vest on the market right now? I am looking to get a new one soon, and I haven't bought one in several years. Any positive or negative reviews would be appreciated.

savduck

I like my MO limb hanger made by russell
Georgia Boy

stinkpickle

I haven't found the perfect one yet.  Tom at CustomGunSocks.com made a fancy version of the old Epeards Lounge before he closed up shop that sounded like it was about the closest to perfect that I could find.  Any more, I just use whatever vest will carry my stuff, and I drag along a Cabela's Lounger seat to sit in.  I'm currently using a Russell Super Elite III vest with the seat pad removed.  I was wearing the M/L version last year, but it was a little too tight when I had to wear cold weather gear.  I just bought a new one in XL/2XL last week.

crenshawco

I was in a shop the other day and they said that Russell was either out of business or not making turkey vests anymore. Anybody know if there is any truth to that?

stinkpickle

Quote from: crenshawco on November 14, 2012, 11:49:30 AM
I was in a shop the other day and they said that Russell was either out of business or not making turkey vests anymore. Anybody know if there is any truth to that?

I haven't heard that.  Maybe that's why my vest was on sale.   ;D

ctwny1

My vote for the "BEST" turkey vest goes to Ol'Tom. Really well made and very easy to get to things.

dirt road ninja

I just picked up an ol tom dura lite on sale at midway. I won't have a real opinion till after I hunt it. If it is anything like their shirts I'm sure it will be great.