turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

** Wounded Warrior Project ** L/E M1 Trumpet

Started by merocustomcalls, November 11, 2012, 01:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merocustomcalls

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an  It's a great honor for me to introduce my first ever limited edition series and it's all for a good cause.  I had an idea to make a military style trumpet but didn't really know what I wanted it to look like.  I spent several days coming up with a trumpet that had a military type look to it.  Here's what I came up with:

I call it the "M1" and it has an American walnut barrel from a tree I cut down in Wisconsin.  For the shape of the barrel I wanted something resembling a cannon but also having sharp angles and edges like a stealth aircraft.  You can see the three small grooves along the barrel which mimics the handguard on the standard M1A service rifle, (my personal favorite when I was on active duty).  The bottom of the barrel is painted OD green and the U.S. is laser engraved to look like military stenciling.  The mouthpiece is delrin and the lipstop is rubber.  The ferrule is made from a polished 30.06 brass casing used early on with the M1 Garand rifles.  Of course the lanyard wouldn't be more fitting unless it was made from 550 parachute cord. 

I made 11 of these trumpets in honor of Veteran's Day.  The trumpets will be signed, dated, and numbered inside the barrel.  I'm also working on a Letter of Authenticity for each. 

The best part of this set is where the money is going.  Fully 100% of the funds generated will be going to the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is really more of a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project rather than a turkey call purchase, but you get something in return for your donation.  I will also be contacting the Wounded Warrior Project to see if I can get t-shirts or ball caps or something for those that donate.  The minimum donation amount for this trumpet is $100 but feel free to donate more if you would like to, all of the proceeds go to the same place.  My goal is obviously to generate a minimum of $1100 for the Wounded Warrior Project but I'm hoping to raise much more than that. 

I'm considering leaving some for ebay in hopes of driving up the donation amount. 

Feel free to contact me with any details or to reserve one for yourself. 

merocustomcalls

merocustomcalls

Four are gone, seven remain.  $460 raised so far for the Wounded Warrior Project, lets keep this thing going guys!!

Brian

barry

Very generous thing you are doing.
May the hunting Gods reward you this spring