turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Interesting way to balance tires.

Started by Deputy 14, November 07, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Well I finally broke down and bought tires for my truck and after mounting them I spun balanced them. No matter how much I tried I could not get them balance smooth. After I got them close I put them on and took a drive and the tires felt square. So I googled for other options to try and save on buying the $10 a piece balance bags. Found out some people are using airsoft gun pellets. I had a jug of them lying around so I broke the tires down, removed the wheel weights and added 7 oz of airsoft pellets to each tire. After I put them on I was a bit skeptical but I took another test drive and was amazed at how it worked. These are the roughest tires I've ran (Fierce Attitude m/t) but are by far the smoothest and well balanced. The tires are 35/12.50/17 so they aren't small but ride like car tires.  For those that don't understand the principle the plastic bb's go to the light spot in the tire to match the opposite side. (Not saying anyone is dumb). Plus it only cost me about $8 to do this.  Just figured I would pass this along because I was amazed how well it works.

ctwny1

turkey_slayer

I've been doing that very several years. I started when I got a motorcycle cause you really don't wanna get one of those out of balance. Ive got about 73000 on my current tires with the beads and they still don't vibrate or shunning. Tractor trailors use golfballs. The beads make the tires act like a top. Faster it spins the more it balances it out.

Only thing I hate is when ya stop the beads the will make a swoosh sound and people look at ya like your ignorant lol

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: turkey_slayer on November 08, 2012, 07:43:56 AM
Only thing I hate is when ya stop the beads the will make a swoosh sound and people look at ya like your ignorant lol

Just give them a big smile and nod your head back and forth a little like you know what you're doing and assure yourself they're just jealous.  ;D
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!