turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whit,Who ?

Started by decoykrvr, November 07, 2012, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

I was telling a friend about the YouTube video of the "close in" flock talk which they called the who,whit-something, which consist of soft clucks, purrs, whines, and whistles.  Over the years, I've found that this soft combo w/ scratching is deadly on hung-up or cruising gobblers.  Anybody got a clue as to the video title or link.
Thanks

Ruger M77

not sure but i think the sound is called the witty wit too call
I eat therefore I hunt

dirt road ninja

decoykrvr

Thanks fellas,
They call it the Witty-Wha-Too.  I don't have a clue about the name, it sounds more like the title of a 50's tune.  If you haven't watched the video, you should.  He does a great job w/ the soft whistles, purrs, and clucks.  As I indicated in my original post, with scratching this is a great call to "close the deal" on hung-up birds, but I use it mainly when I know I'm in the vicinity of birds which are not talking, but routinely cruise the area.  As a general rule, I'll cut a little brush or set up where I'm partially hidden and really comfortable, to eliminate extraneous movement, since the birds will silently sneak in.  This is a great call to use in the late afternoons near a known roost area, and I've had hens, jakes, and longbeards come in and usually, if a little low movement is possible, will utilize a trough type slate w/ the mouth calling to simulate "flock talk".

Turkey Trot

Scott Ellis had youtube videos up, but took them down when he released Mouthcall Magic.  He covers the whine, soft purr, etc. sequence in the video and how to make the sounds.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Frankinthelaurels

we in the northeast call them wood whits.... one of the best kept secrets going