turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any else having problems with bears

Started by turkey_slayer, November 07, 2012, 03:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I swear Virginia needs to do something about these pest. Can't hang cams without em chewing on em. Can't even deer hunt for the pests. Seen 9 different ones just yesterday! And that was by lunch time. Another buddy seen 4 hunting a diff county. We have now seen more bear than deer since Oct 6th when the season opened. Bear hunters just Chase em and very rarely kill unless its just big. On the plus side I put a bullet in a jet black yote this morning ;D. Ok I'm off my soapbox lol

Strut Buster

Problem in PA as well. I woke up this morning and found all three of my bird feeders completely smashed as well as my garbage all torn apart. I'm going to get a bear tag this year. They have been doing damage here all year. Our corn fields took a beating this year from bears. They are a problem here all the time.
Ethics & Respect First

turkey_slayer

We've always had a bears but the population is just getting way out of hand. Bear season overlaps deer during bow but not rifle when most people are hunting. Though most guys want shoot em cause they don't wanna fool with em or just don't like the meat which is understandable. But geez between the yotes and bears our deer pop has took a huge hit over the past several years. There was an article I read that stated the deer pop was down 60% on my end of the state. They state its cause of non logging which is partly true but deer and bear tend to like the same habit here and the bears seem to be doing just fine

Deputy 14

Every trail camera I have put out the last 5 years has gotten pictures of bears or multiple bears here in WV.  Killed one several years ago and don't really have the desire to kill any more but I believe I'm gonna start busting lungs to help alleviate the problem.

lonnie sneed jr.

Bowhunters here in WV are killing several. We have had all kinds of bear problems here. I can't get a shot at one to save my sole. I have been trying to kill a 370 +or- next to my house for 3 weeks. Just can't get a shot. I can see him but can't kill him. I also have a Small one about 150 coming on my back deck and eating the cats food. I have run him off several time. Alot of guys here bait deer but it is illeagle to kill a bear at a feeder and guys are getting feeders trashed everynight. More bears here than anytime before in my life and I am 53.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead: