OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WELL 4 MORE

Started by hookedspur, November 06, 2012, 11:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: tomstopper on November 07, 2012, 09:42:00 AM
I am sick to my stomach.

:'( X-2.. It's a sad day, Were going nowhare real fast!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

jblackburn

Last night I could not believe it either, but it makes more sense this morning.  I work/go to grad school at OSU and I had to walk through on of the residence hall (dorm) parking lots and I can understand why so many in this country feel they align to the left.  We are a nation that expects everything to come easy/be given to us.  I have been worked my entire life, either on the farm growing up, on a dairy farm to pay my way through undergrad at Mizzou, and as a teacher both at the secondary level and college level.  I currently drive the nicest/newest vehicle I have ever owned.  It is a 2001 chevy half ton 4WD that has a bed that is beginning to rust out bad.

Back to the dorm parking lot.  I have walked through this lot hundreds of times and never really paid attention, so I really do not know why I did this morning.  But I saw dozens of VERY nice, new cars throughout the lot. New pickups, with giant tailpipes, rims, and lift kits, cars like NEW Lexus coupes and a new JAGUAR!  I went to college in a beat up, ugly, two-tone brown 1984 S-10, but by God it was MINE and I paid for it!  Maybe some of of these kids have paid for their cars, too, but what the hell kind of job would an 18 year old have to afford a freaking Jag?

Well, you know the answer. Mommy and daddy gave it to them.  Why wouldn't these young voters across the country vote Democrat?  They are used to being handed everything.

Ok, that's my rant.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Old Gobbler

We need to break the electoral college monopoly

I will point out that Florida cast 8 million ballots second only to California and by less than a million and yet California is worth 55 electoral votes every time and Florida is half that....go figure... its a scam

There are about 20 states in the union that haven't seen any serious campaign action because swing vote states take all the limelight
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Crawdad

I am dissapointed also, but one thing gives me hope, God is still in charge. We read in God's word how thing's must be before his coming & he put's in place those who are to bring it about. So who can fill bad when God's perfect will has been done. This just means his coming is very close. Praise the Lord.

M Sharpe

Quote from: Crawdad on November 07, 2012, 12:08:52 PM
I am dissapointed also, but one thing gives me hope, God is still in charge. We read in God's word how thing's must be before his coming & he put's in place those who are to bring it about. So who can fill bad when God's perfect will has been done. This just means his coming is very close. Praise the Lord.

AMEN
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

STRYKER

What i cant figure out is how this potato head got back in there. I havent talked to 1 person that likes him or voted for him,(of course only 24% of my county voted for him). Even on here none of you guys like him. Whats the deal?? Any chance we could saw california off and let em float away? Also dont get me started on the popular vote that whole thing gets under my skin!!

savduck

What Shannon said.

Here is what is funny to me. The large group of minorities both Black and Hispanics that vote for democrats. Many Hispanic immigrants escape dictator ruled countries and come here froze freedom and to make money. Many Blacks feel Slavery of their people was the biggest issue within their race.

Yet both vote for a political party who in my eyes has policies that would make them no different than a dictator or Slave Master.
Georgia Boy

ILIKEHEVI-13

No offense to the Floridian people, and not that it really matters anyways, but what is the problem that state has when it comes to getting the vote counts in and correct? 

Old Gobbler

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on November 07, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
No offense to the Floridian people, and not that it really matters anyways, but what is the problem that state has when it comes to getting the vote counts in and correct?
multi jurisdictional politics... ..  you will find all the funny business is always in this order, Broward,  Dade, and Palm Beach counties ....that happens to be where most democrats reside

I find it very disturbing that large Church Congregations of African Americans promote a party that openly supports and promotes abortion,  Why?!   I have so much to say about this but will keep it civilized it defies all logic and is a abomination- nuff said
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Old Gobbler on November 07, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
We need to break the electoral college monopoly

I will point out that Florida cast 8 million ballots second only to California and by less than a million and yet California is worth 55 electoral votes every time and Florida is half that....go figure... its a scam

There are about 20 states in the union that haven't seen any serious campaign action because swing vote states take all the limelight

Agreed, the system needs to be revamped. All bho had to do was win the North East and west coast and a few states in between and he was in. Ultimately he just had to win the urban areas in those select states while he could forget about the rest of the nation. In a few days look at the electoral map that shows a county by county break down of the vote and ask yourself if the person elected represented this country? Or even on a state level? For example barry only had to win four counties in ohio to carry the state. The vast majority of communities in that state voted against him but it didn't matter.

The electoral college was supposed to enable smaller states to be relevant in elections, but now its only urban areas on the coasts and a select few states in between that matter...

ILIKEHEVI-13

Why don't we the people demand that our government do away with the Electoral College and insists going on popular vote?  Technically Gore got ripped off if the vote count was in fact correct.  I also say that we the people should be able to put folks in there that we in fact trust to count all the votes from each voter poll.  I mean how in the heck do we honestly know what votes were counted and if they are in fact correct? 

davisd9

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on November 07, 2012, 10:35:11 PM
Why don't we the people demand that our government do away with the Electoral College and insists going on popular vote?  Technically Gore got ripped off if the vote count was in fact correct.  I also say that we the people should be able to put folks in there that we in fact trust to count all the votes from each voter poll.  I mean how in the heck do we honestly know what votes were counted and if they are in fact correct?

Obama won the popular vote and electoral, the election would have been the same.  The Electoral College was put in place so that every state, no matter the size, would have some say in the presidential election.  It is not a perfect system, but imo it is better than popular vote.  We did not need Gore as a president.  The thing that bothers me with the electoral college is that 90% of the counties of a state can vote one way and the other 10% can make the state go the other direction, California and Ohio are perfect examples.  I wish that the electoral votes were split into sections of the state so that every part of the state counts and not just the major urban areas.  Just my $0.02.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mossy835

Quote from: davisd9 on November 08, 2012, 07:54:49 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on November 07, 2012, 10:35:11 PM

Obama won the popular vote and electoral, the election would have been the same.  The Electoral College was put in place so that every state, no matter the size, would have some say in the presidential election.  It is not a perfect system, but imo it is better than popular vote.  We did not need Gore as a president.  The thing that bothers me with the electoral college is that 90% of the counties of a state can vote one way and the other 10% can make the state go the other direction, California and Ohio are perfect examples.  I wish that the electoral votes were split into sections of the state so that every part of the state counts and not just the major urban areas.  Just my $0.02.
That would work better and would actually show how the population really wants it!

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Old Gobbler on November 07, 2012, 09:35:45 PM
I find it very disturbing that large Church Congregations of African Americans promote a party that openly supports and promotes abortion,  Why?!   I have so much to say about this but will keep it civilized it defies all logic and is a abomination- nuff said

During my work day I listen alot to American Family Radio Talk as I work.  They have had Reverend William Owens, a black pastor, on several times.  He candidly discussed just what you brought up.  He openly admitted that the majority of black congregations would vote for obama strictly because of party/race, regardless of the issues.  He is passionately against this ideal and confronts and chastises black pastors for not speaking out against this mindset.  You can check out his website at:
http://www.100000signatures4marriage.com/
I have coined a term for this blind devotion to race regardless of the price - "blackwards".  I don't know that it will ever make the dictionary, but it sums up the mindless following simply because of a person's race.  It's not meant as condemning of a race, but rather to identify the phenomenon.
  Another guest on AFR talk stated that the number 1 killer of black Americans is abortion.  He went on to state that over 60% of abortions performed in New York City are black babies. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!