turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 10/25/2012

Started by Roostem33, October 24, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:8-9)

When I play hide-and-seek with my granddaughters, I like to show them a new hiding place. Then, when it is my turn to find them, they will go to the place I just showed them. There have been times when I have been looking for them (or pretending to), and I can hear them giggling and see their feet sticking out from where they are hiding.

That is what it is like when we try to hide from God. When Adam and Eve hid from God in the Garden, God called out to them, "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9). I don't think God asked this because He was bewildered; I think God asked this because He wanted Adam and Eve to confess what they had done so they could set it right. God cannot forgive a sin that has not been confessed.

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Thanks Jode. No matter how I have tried in the past to hide, my sin always finds me out
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Turkey Beard

Wow! I read every devotional but rarely comment. This is just plain language and, as a new grandpa (Identical twin boys on 8-27, and a little girl on 10-23), this one really spoke to me strongly. Thanks!
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Great and to the point!!

Thanks Jody!!

Congratulations Grandpa Eric!!!

God Bless,
David B.