Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Wandering from the beaten path...10/21/12 Sunday Devotional

Started by pappy, October 21, 2012, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ever walk along a hunting path headed to your favorite spot and along the way see those little red or pink plastic tags hanging on tree limbs? Evidence that others have traveled your path and ventured off on their own? Some may reach their goal and come upon the perfect spot for bagging that elusive Tom or Buck....others, like me.....may end up getting lost.....they put their trust in their instincts instead of sticking to the original path and this choice cost them in the end.
Much like wandering off the original path in the woods, some folks stray from the path that God has laid before them in the Spiritual realm....
Proverbs 3:5-6 .... Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Sometimes we wander off the straight path because we get bored or because we are curious as to what we may find on another path. Or we become discouraged that the original path just isn't leading us to where we want to go fast enough....we take off on our own instead of holding fast to the hand of the Lord...Psalm 16:8 ...I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
This can only lead us to calamity.....oh sure, we may stumble upon a sweet spot, it may even produce a prize winning rack or beard....but we have to leave this temporal place...but which way do we go? We forgot to mark the new path, we've turned around and now we are disoriented....eventually we realize that we are lost, holding onto our prize, standing in the middle of nowhere.....and it's getting dark...our cell phone has no signal....
Psalm 120:1...I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Life has many challanges and many paths, in our Spiritual walk with the Lord, sometimes we goof up, sometimes we want to take the lead, instaed of letting Christ lead us, we end up standing in the dark with our temporal prizes, with no way to save ourselves, who we gonna call on? Christ........He is always waiting to grab our hand, and lead us back to the light, and put us back on the staright path that will eventually lead us to the glory of Heaven....BUT....when we venture off the beaten path and get lost, WE have to call out on Him, and listen close for His reply.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net