OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE II question

Started by Basser69, February 07, 2011, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

I am sure this has been asked before but since I cannot use the search function anymore, I am going ask it.

I have a kicks .655, a jelly head .660 and a pure gold .670 choke tubes.

I know that I have been told that the .660 JH will rock with the hevi mag blends.
Any thoughts on the other two as what to shoot with the .670 or .655 either straight 7's or the hevi mag blends? I am thinking that the .670 will be ok with the mags and the .655 with the 7's, am I correct in my assumption? I know that only bench time will be the deciding factor but was trying to get pointed in the right directions.

Thanks,
Scott

vaturkey

I've never tried the Mag Blends but here is what I got with Hevi13 31/2  21/4oz #6's in my SBE2  217 hits @ 40yds in 10" circle. 24 in.barrel with .665 Indian Creek choke tube. Hope this helps.   

VATURKEY :newmascot:
Vaturkey

turkey_slayer

Quote from: CadeCart on February 07, 2011, 08:53:20 PM
I've read both sides on HeviShot through a Kicks.  Some say Hevi-13 is okay, Boswell doesn't.  I dont think I have ever seen a broken Kicks GT due to a Hevi-13 shell though  (Comp-N-Choke, yes, but very different design).

I'd say the .655 would be a nice constriction for the tighter.723 Benelli barrels and #7 shot.   

Correct. Never heard a kicks blowing but have seen a few comp-n-chokes.  I'm personally shooting a kicks .655 through my beretta with tungsten shot and no problems here but excellent patterns.  Use at your own risk though  :icon_thumright:

Basser69

Thanks for all the info. That is the way I was thinking but wanted a second opinion.

ghillie

Not exactly an answer to your specific question but thought I would reply, I haven't used the mag blends either..I have been very happy with this set up for my SBE 2,  28" barrel with no extra polish, Indian Creek .665, Hevi 13 #6, 3 1/2", 2 1/4 oz...

Have been trying to find #7's locally without success...might have to snail mail some to see if there is much of a difference..
I haven't gone any tighter due to over pressure concerns...I know...call me a sissy   :goofball:

Basser69

Those are some great patterns. Thanks for the help!

headbuster

I don't have pictures, so for what it worth. I shoot a JH.660 with Fed #7. I'm getting around 220+ inside a 10" circle. (best I can remember)

2much2loud

I use a sbe 2 with a 24" bbl and have jellyhead. shooting 3.5 " h13 #7 and get right around 300

Basser69

Quote from: 2much2loud on February 12, 2011, 10:23:16 AM
I use a sbe 2 with a 24" bbl and have jellyhead. shooting 3.5 " h13 #7 and get right around 300

Bingo, that is what I was thinking but wanted to hear it to confirm my on thoughts. Thanks again for all the help!

Mailman

use indian creek .665 in my SBE2 shooting 3" 2 oz load of tss 9  425 pellets in 10"@40
One Shot One Kill

Basser69

Quote from: Mailman on February 12, 2011, 09:30:49 PM
use indian creek .665 in my SBE2 shooting 3" 2 oz load of tss 9  425 pellets in 10"@40

Thanks for the info Mailman but I cannot dive into the TSS just yet. I am in the middle of setting up two guns for this season. With two more to follow after the season and the TSS will follow via roll crimping as the $$ will allow. Thanks again for the info!