OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Open Reed Elk Call Works

Started by Austy, October 09, 2012, 03:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

A little while back I posted some pictures of some of the Cow Elk "Open Reed" Calls that I was making for my Oregon Elk Hunt.  Well we put these calls to the test this September in Oregon and all I can say is, They work.  I/We killed this beautiful 6X6 on the last day our our hunt September 22nd at 2:15 in the afternoon.   During my hunt I used the elk calls that I made almost exclusively the entire hunt and was very pleased with the response and reaction that I had from the Oregon elk using my calls. 
The call that I am holding in my right hand is one of the Calls that I made which the entire call, less the reed of course is made out of Elk Antler.  This call was sent to my friend who lives in Oregon this past summer for him to play with.  Dan told me when he got it that we were going to kill a good bull this year with one of my calls and he told me that the antler call would be the call that he used to close the deal.  Well this call was used to to put the finishing touches on this bull and I shot my bull at 13 yards.  There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that you made the call that closed the deal.