turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 9/13/2012

Started by Roostem33, September 12, 2012, 11:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

You are the children of your father the Evil One and it is your pleasure to do his desires. From the first he was a taker of life; and he did not go in the true way because there is no true thing in him. When he says what is false, it is natural to him, for he is false and the father of what is false. (Romans 8:44)

Satan is determined to destroy our faith by leading us into sin and discouragement. He attacks us with blatant temptations and subtle deceptions. The Bible is our field manual for fighting back. It trains us in using the best weapons and tactics for this very real and dangerous battle. Because Scripture is so essential, satan's first plan of action is to try and distort the Word of God. If he can compromise our belief in the Bible he can get us to question God's will for us. Study the Word of God so that you know and recognize satan's lies, then we will be able to fight his lies with God's truth.

Lord, thank You for giving us the Truth through your Word. Help me be prepared when the master of deception tries to come into my life, Thank You for being with me each and everyday. I know that without You I would be lost, in Jesus name I pray Amen.

Have a blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

snoodlum

Thank you ,sir , for your words ! I've read the end of the Book . Satan is a defeated foe ! :bible:

turkey slayer

Duke0002

Thank you, Jody.  So true.  The Word will never fail us.   :jesus-cross: