turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need help on how to make a turkey wing flapper call

Started by brkncly, May 17, 2012, 12:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkncly

I'd like to make a turkey wing flapper to add to my bag of tricks. I know you can use your hat, but would like to make one from the tom I killed this year.  I know Primos sells one that is called the Real Turkey Wing, but they discontinued it.  So has anybody here made one, if so please tell me how to.   Your help and advice would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks

coachmitchel

TRKYHTR

I just cut the last joint in the wing and cutt all the secondary feathers off and leave the primaries. Then spread it out and pin it down and borax it. Leave it for a couple months and you have a wing flapper.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 17, 2012, 09:18:32 PM
I just cut the last joint in the wing and cutt all the secondary feathers off and leave the primaries. Then spread it out and pin it down and borax it. Leave it for a couple months and you have a wing flapper.

TRKYHTR

Ditto.

They also work well for blowing light dust off of your workbench.  ;D
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

eddie234

I made one by finding one of the primos real wings on ebay and printing the picture, I then enlarged it and traced the handle onto some pine board. I cut it out,  sanded it, painted it, drilled holes in top of it and glued my feathers in. Looks pretty good

triune

Just cut the primary feathers off the wing but leave them attached together with the outter skin.  (The primary feathers are the wing feathers that are barred and should be worn from strutting.)  As stated, dry them out with borax and you have your wing. 
One of the best calls I carry for pressured birds.

trkehunr93

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on May 18, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 17, 2012, 09:18:32 PM

TRKYHTR

Ditto.

They also work well for blowing light dust off of your workbench.  ;D

Dittox2.  I carry 2 with me so I can sound like multiple birds flying down.  Hen wings are best IMO, they sound much different from a gobbler wing.

blacky

I use a brown or green plastic shopping bag and just jerk it back and forth with one hand on one end and one hand on the other end. I works well
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com