Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OK Bass Pro has gotten the Last of MY MONEY.

Started by HogBiologist, February 07, 2011, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenhunter

If it's not too far for you to drive, try Simmons Sporting Goods in Bastrop. About 30 minutes north of Monroe. They have a big gun selection and are alway helpful. I hate going to BassPro.

WVhuntEER

I will tell you this I have never had better customer service than at Cabelas.  I have had items that I've worn in the field for two years replaced no questions asked.   To me,  I would go the extra distance and order from them. :anim_25:

HogBiologist

Found where I am getting my gun at.  There is a place in Homer Louisiana.  It is a Mom and Pop place.  I will go up there Monday hopefully to fill out the Forms for the background check (I think that is what he ment by FBI forms).  There will be a 30ish day wait for the gun to come in, but I am OK with that.  Total price is gonna be $335 plus tax.  Not a bad deal.  I put my hands on the 26" barrel the other day and when I lift it to my eye it goes to a good sight picture.  I am getting excited.  Now I just need to find chokes for it.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

allchokedup

I went to BPS yesterday and was very disappointed. Everything is over priced and customer service was lousy. I purchased 3 shotguns and a rifle from them the past 4 years, no more.

PANYHunter

I have never had good luck with Gander Mountain customer service.  What i really hate is as soon as you walk in the door there are a few people on you asking if you want a credit card but if you ask where something is they never know.  Oh well I just dont go there anymore.  I grew up next to the original Dick's store when they were a hunting and fishing store. Their employees knew what they were talking about and were more than happy to help.  I guess now if you like golf its a good store.  I'll stick to the local mom & pop store usually if they dont have it they can order it. 

SinGin

Well after a strongly worded email to Bas Pro, I got a call today from our store manager. She said if I came into the store again and would be a secret shopper for her, she would give me a $20.00 gift card. All I have to do is come and shop like I would normaly do, then ask for her right before I checked out and she would give me the card. Well we'll see.

HogBiologist

Bass Pro Manager called me a little while ago.  He appologised for the incident. He said the guy has been there since they opened and was not sure why he was that way.  He said thay can order, it just depends on if they have one in the US or not.  I explained how I know now (from other conversations with other stores) that it will take appx 30 days to order it.  He asked about the other stores and their prices.  I gave them to him and he explained that Cabelas is not close enough to be competition.  He would match the 350$ price that several places quoted.  He would never commit to the 335 that the place in homer gave me.  I still am not buying from BPS.  He is checking on if there is a supplier that has one.  I am still gonna go with the place in Homer.
Certified Wildlife Biologist