OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OK Bass Pro has gotten the Last of MY MONEY.

Started by HogBiologist, February 07, 2011, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_W

I am pretty fortunate to have a Sheel's close by.   :happy0064:

If I want something they can get it, and the guys and gals that work in each department know their stuff. There is a Gander in the same town and I can't remember the last time I tripped over junk in their isle and tried to talk to the college kid about a product he had no idea about.  I feel sorry for you Southern guys that don't have a Sheel's around and if you ask me you can keep those BPS stores down there.

CW

Jay

Like most retail outlets you get a variety of salespeople, some good  & some bad. As some have said, if you ever are dissatisfied, take it to the  person, who generally cares, and that's the general manager. I've had to many times over the years. and almost always got satisfaction. IF that fails I go to the head office. I will say, I've NEVER had an issue with Cabelas, and I feel their staff is better trained in customer relations than most.

pullit

Quote from: Jay on February 07, 2011, 09:51:25 PM
I've NEVER had an issue with Cabelas, and I feel their staff is better trained in customer relations than most.

+1

TCKev

I actually bought a 12ga 870 barrel from our BPS in Denham Springs and they did a price match from Cabelas online store without a hitch.
Tight Groups
Kevin

Woodsman4God

Yeah alot of the stores Like BPS have national buyers and dont listen to the local guys input. My brother used to work for Dicks sporting goods in the Hunting department (Lodge) and some of the stuff he asked them to get, (knkowing what his customers were looking for) They never would however when one of the new bow companies offered a great deal on a hunting bow??? the finish was a Bright reflective silver. ( The buyer jumped on them ) Needless to say the bow was a competition model and finally was either returned from lack of sales or discounted highly to try and sell them. He had stuff like that happen often

cahaba

Quote from: Jay link=topic=280.msg2884#msg2884 date=1297133485. I will say, I've NEVER had an issue with Cabelas, and I feel their staff is better trained in customer relations than most.
/quote]

I agree. Cabelas has always did me right. There is no store close by but I have stuff shipped. They are fast on their shipping too.

decoykrvr

The only two "Big Boxes" which I routinely buy from are Cabelas and LL Bean.  Both of these have the best customer service in the industry and will do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer.   With that said, I try, whenever possible, to utilize the locally owned stores even if it means paying a little more.

Skeeterbait

I have a local BPS in my town.  The thing that irritates me the most is when BPS puts something on sale in the catalog the local store will not honor the catalog price.  But one thing they do that I appreciate is anything I mail order and want to return, the store will take the return.

ghillie

I have a Scheels, BPS, Gander and Cabelas near by...by far Scheels has the best customer service, however, firearm $ are ridiculous...So I use a private FFL in the county I live in...he is 15 min away and I have always gotten EXACTLY what I wanted as far as firearms.  Very reasonable $ as well...no overhead BS to deal with like with the large outlets...

I'm also a litte fed up with BPS...last year I was looking for Hevi 13 in a #7, I called them and they said they had them in stock, I had other things on the list to get so the hour drive was justified...or so I thought.  I get there and I ask where to find what I needed...also got the finger point, in that direction, without a response...found the ammo section and guess what...no #7's.  I asked the kid who was working that area and he was clueless.  I recognized his name from our phone conversation from a few hours ago and called him on it.  He just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  I then complained to the manager and he was like....SO....I left and heven't spent a dime there since.

kyhareraiser

sounds like bass pro is alot like wal-mart..........they buy in bulk from companies too..even their guns

lohaus

Love Scheels.  They have ordered what I wanted, returned boots due to manufacturers defect, gave me a 'free' hat and t-shirt, shipped things from other stores to my home, and overall customer service is excellent.

Gander Mountain?  They watch me walk by.  They tell me that I don't want 6's and instead want 5's.  Is that because that is all you have on the shelf?  Have you researched the performance with the 5's on my gun and choke?  They sit around talking to each other or having 3 reps on 1 customer who doesn't even buy anything when I'm waiting to actually buy something.  Plus, their gear costs more then other places.

st4wheel

Nashville BPS had the same poor customer service so luckily my local mom and pop matched their price on my new 835! :thanks:
LIMBHANGER

SinGin

Was in Bass Pro 2 hours ago standing at the "Customer Service" counter to ask a question about a Jellyhead choke. The little kid told me I had to go back to the shooting section to ask my question. He woulddn't call back for me, so I left. I was on the phone with the manager befor I even left the parking lot. We'll see where that will go.

ElkTurkMan

The only time I patronize BPS, is If I need something yesterday.  Cabelas gets 99.9% of my business. 

ncturkey

I had problems with Cablea's too on a return.