OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OK Bass Pro has gotten the Last of MY MONEY.

Started by HogBiologist, February 07, 2011, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Went to Bass Pro today to see the gun I am about to buy.  I have been checking around to find a good deal on it.  BPS $369, McKinney Honda in Ruston $349, Cabelas in Gonzolez $329.  Ok, cabelas is to far to drive.  BPS and ruston are about the same distance.  I asked the gun guy if they still had the gun there.  Yep, but it was in the 26" barrel not the 28".  Now comes the part that has put a damper on my day.

-Can Yall order the 28" barrel?
Well, we could.  Usually we get what stoger sends us.  It is just too difficult to order stuff.
-Do yall price Match?
Yes, Just depends on where
-Well I found it at Ruston for $$$ and Cabelas for $$$
We wont match cabelas.

That just ticked me off royally.  I was about to put in an order for the gun right there so it would be there when Obama gave me my money back.  But no, he couldnt be bothered to order it.  "It is difficult".  I didnt mind the not matching Cabelas, but he was very rude and did not seem to care about why he was working there.  Not to mention they dont carry Hevi Shot H13 3"-2oz-anything.  I can find almost as much stuff there as I can at Academy or Walmart (usually cheaper at the latter two).  I think I will call TP in West monroe and see if they can help out.  I may just end up going to Ruston, or hoping I have to go to Baton Rouge for work soon.  Bass Pro will no longer get my business.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Skeeterbait

Yes it has something to do with BPS having a national gun buyer and the stores have little to no input into what the buyer buys.  Not a great thing but the guys at the stores are not the problem.  If a BPS store has a gun you want fine.  But don't try to order one.  You will not know when or even IF you will ever receive it.

pullit

I have run into this before. I called BPS's main office. After a little talking to, they matched the price.

SinGin

Go to their website and complain to them on there. I did that last year after dealing with a bunch of kids at our store. I got a phone call from the store manager in about 20 minutes

ShotgunDave

Big box stores are extremely limited on what they can order.  They're pretty much stuck with what they've got.  Look at Budsgunshop.com.  That's where I ordered my 835 turkey/duck combo and it was by far the cheapest I found.

HogBiologist

Quote from: pullit on February 07, 2011, 02:41:57 PM
I have run into this before. I call BPS's main office. After a little talking to, they matched the price.

Just got off IM with a rep.  She said give them 72 hours to respond.

jbrown

TANK

They are shooting you a line of B.S. I would ask to speak with a manager on the price matching. I know for a fact that they match Cabela's prices, I do it all the time in the Denham Springs store. Although I also get the same Smart A$$ vibe from some of the employee's. And you got to remember bigger isn't always cheaper. I was in the market for one of the new Horton Vision crossbows last Sept, so I went to BP and shot one and got a total price (I want to say $834 after tax) then checked Cabela's, (same price) then checked at 2 little mom & pop archery shops. The crossbow and the exact same package was a little over $200 cheaper.

TauntoHawk

Those big box stores have their upsides and their down sides

You need to know how to manipulate the upside
AND
Avoid the downside
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mnturkey

Always ask to speak to the mananger if you are not sastified with the response that the person at the counter gives you.
Do not be a prick but politely ask for the mananger, they need your business and should want you happy.
That goes for all stores,
Sometimes they cannot do anything but they want to know the problem that you have.
If you think there is a problem they want to know (or should).
SEMPER FI

Boomstick

i had a problem with bp myself about 7 months ago, i ordered a bell and carlson stock for my savage 110 30-06 off the online store because they had the best price. i got it and they sent me the stock for the short action instead of the long action, so i said... "ok, stuff happens, not a big deal, ill just call them and send it back for an exchange for the right one" not so easy, i called, and after checking my order invoice and the shipping invoice they said that i was wrong and that they sent me the right stock... at that part i started to get a little aggitated, and i talked to a manager. he ended up being a tool and didnt want to help me either. i then filed a formal complaint and talked to the managers boss and all he would do is refund my money, so i took my money and ordered a boydsgunstocks and got a ross thumb hole sporter style stock and haven't been a patron to bass pro since.
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

paboxcall

Exactly why I will NOT make a purchase like yours at any retail box store.

:anim_25: getting what you want there -- if their purchasing department couldn't get the item in bulk and at discount, forget about them ordering you want you want.

I stick with my local bow and gun shop, he's always cheaper than anything around, and its ALWAYS exactly what I am looking for, with top notch customer service.

My point has nothing to do with supporting the local guy kind of thing -- I know what I want and I will not suffer having to deal with box stores to only end up settling for something close.

:wave:

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

timbrhuntr

I wanted to get a pair of Danner Snake Boots. I called  BPS and asked about them. They didn't have any in stock but after alot of grief they told me they would order one pair in and thats all. I would also need to put a deposit. If it didn't fit oh well. Poor service didn't really seem to care whether they got my business or not.They didn't! I called Cabelas they told me they would order in up to 5 different sizes so I could try them and pick the ones I wanted. I bought them at Cabelas.

runngun

I have had bad luck at Bass Pro as well on several occasions. I have asked where some thing was located and received the "point" with no reply. I have asked questions about a product and received the "I don't know".  It is hard to get help in their store.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

HogBiologist

Found it at a local mom and pop for 5$ more than the cabelas price.  They are only 20 minutes from me and the guy was nice.  No BS or jive talk.  AWSOME.