OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Only One Question?

Started by guesswho, August 08, 2012, 08:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

That's a tough call. In todays society, it would be tough to be just one.
Everyone picked "country", but may not have read the question through. No Cabelas, no internet, no Old Gobbler forum, etc. The "country", 50-80 years ago, does not equate to the "Country" of today.
I live "in the country", and have the convenience of a large town 30 miles away.. Just perfect for me..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Neill_Prater

Quote from: Hognutz on August 09, 2012, 10:24:42 AM
That's a tough call. In todays society, it would be tough to be just one.
Everyone picked "country", but may not have read the question through. No Cabelas, no internet, no Old Gobbler forum, etc. The "country", 50-80 years ago, does not equate to the "Country" of today.
I live "in the country", and have the convenience of a large town 30 miles away.. Just perfect for me..

What he says. We live outside the city limits of a town or 10,000 or so. In 6 minutes we can be to Wal-Mart, or MacDonald's or the ER. Thirty years ago I would have been happy living so far back in the woods that you would have to pump daylight in, but age changes things. We have some friends that moved here from Wisconsin after retirement and built a really nice home on the lake. Coincidentally, it is right across the road from where my wife grew up. Problem is, it is basically a 30 minute drive to get anywhere. I ran into the wife in Walmart a couple of weeks ago, and she told me they have the house for sale and are planning to move close to Springfield, because where they are is so inconvenient.

Crawdad

Yep, I'll take the country life. I can take a leak anytime I want while outside, but I can be in town within 30min's, so i'm sure thats not what your talking about.

stinkpickle

I CAN live in the city and occasionally visit the country (as I do now).
I CAN live in the country and occasionally visit the city (what I would rather be doing).
I CAN live in the country and never visit the city (not ideal...but OK).
I CANNOT live in the city and never visit the country (no way).

Hognutz

Quote from: stinkpickle on August 09, 2012, 01:11:07 PM
I CAN live in the country and occasionally visit the city (what I would rather be doing).

I'm with you on that, Stinkmeister.. Except that I live in the country, and visit the city, when necessary.
That is my whole point of the matter. In this day and age, it is difficult to be just a deep, dark, country boy, where they do have to pipe in sunlight, and not be a total hick.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

dirt road ninja

:agreed:

TrackeySauresRex

:agreed:  Well said!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

sugarray

I have to say country, b/c there is no way I could go city.  No trees, no gobbling turkeys, no deer, no fish.  Man, I be on Prozac, Abilify, Xanax, and Ambien just to make it through the day and night.  I think I could adjust to no internet, cell phones, and only Antennae TV a lot easier than I could no country!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

redleg06

It's hard to say. I've always lived in a decent sized town or city and use the "country" and hunting as a way to get away from all of it. I love every second I spend out in the country but that's because I relate it to relaxing and getting away from the things I HAVE TO DO and get to enjoy what I WANT TO DO.  I cant say for sure that the feelings wouldnt reverse if I was stuck in the country all the time. My guess is that I'd probably enjoy getting to do something new in the city, like I do now with the country.

guesswho

Quote from: redleg06 on August 10, 2012, 07:41:39 PM
It's hard to say. I've always lived in a decent sized town or city and use the "country" and hunting as a way to get away from all of it. I love every second I spend out in the country but that's because I relate it to relaxing and getting away from the things I HAVE TO DO and get to enjoy what I WANT TO DO.  I cant say for sure that the feelings wouldnt reverse if I was stuck in the country all the time. My guess is that I'd probably enjoy getting to do something new in the city, like I do now with the country.

That's my train of thought as well.   But if I had to choose I think I'd take my chances in the country.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Woodsman4God

Country without a doubt, the hardest thing to give up would probably be OG!!!!

longspur

Clif Owen

Hmmm...let's see....no traffic, no noise....can hunt out the front door (which I almost literally do now) but no internet...well, guys, it's been nice knowing you!!

vaturkey

Once a country hick, always a country hick !   :you_rock:
Vaturkey

slawman

thats a n0-brainer......as oliver said in the show green acres,"take manhatten just give me that country side"....too much crime in the streets anyway