OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Only One Question?

Started by guesswho, August 08, 2012, 08:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I've seen a lot of the only one call, one species, one weapon type questions ect.  One I can't remember being asked is if you had to live the rest of your life one way, which would it be.  City life with no exposure to anything woods related like hunting, camping fishing, guns, ect.   Or Country life with limited human contact outside your family and immediate neighbors, no exposure to anything city related like super markets, restaurants, Cabela's, sporting events, internet, ect, but you would have a country store, gas station, church, electricity and running water.    What life would you live, big city or country ?   I know most will probably say country, but would you really?   Think about it.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

I believe I really would prefer the country life. I am 61.Spent my entire life in the city.It has advantages,but it sucks.

stinkpickle

TrackeySauresRex

I really want to say country.  I don't really know how I'd  adapt without all the modern day conveniences. It would take some time. Maybe we can create  a reality TV show on this idea.....   Outta the city into the country no cell phones,computers,malls,fast food. What would generation TEXT do? WOW!
We can call the show... COLD TURKEY!  :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TnTurk

Ol Hank said it best, " A country boy can survive".    :boon:

guesswho

Quote from: TnTurk on August 08, 2012, 08:57:32 PM
Ol Hank said it best, " A country boy can survive".    :boon:
But can he stay away from the City?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

I've been a city cop for 29 years.

The thought of not going back to a city kinda makes me giddy. :goofball:

There are parts I would miss, but if I had to choose no city or no country...the city is history.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jblackburn

Country. I grew up in a rural area in Missouri and loved it.  I've never lived in a "big" city, but I have lived in Columbia, MO and Lexington, KY and both of those are way big enough for me. 

I could easily sacrifice any of the listed city things for the country life.  What's the use in going to Cabela's if you never get to go to the country!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Shotgun

Country no doubt for me.  I just got back from Chicago and this country boy felt out of place the whole time.  I even told them car rental people who gave me BMW hybrid "This ol boy from AR needs a regular car. I'm used to driving a truck.  They finally gave me a truck to drive"  LOL

TRKYHTR

"Country boys can survive"

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Eric Gregg

handcannon

Well, since I'm living it up in the country by choice, the answer is easy for me. I dont like city life. Dont even like going to the city. Rather just stay at the house in the country where I call home. I'm happy where I'm at and have no desire to live in or even near a city.

captin_hook

Right now I get the best of both worlds. I'm in a suburb 30 mins out of Pittsburgh. If I go west I'm in the city, east and I'm in the boons. Id have to go with the country... No brainer.

Rio Fan

Definitely country life for me!

tomstopper