Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 07/20/12 "The Lord is our Refuge"

Started by BOFF, July 20, 2012, 09:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Sorry to be late. Had to take care of family first.

Mother in law has had 2 surgeries in the past 3 weeks. Last Thursday she was admitted to the emergency room with an infection from surgery. Another 3rd surgery Sunday to drain the abscess from the infection. The care at the hospital was poor, with no communication between the doctors, and just poor care in general. Discharged home Tuesday, and unable to urinate after she got home. Back in different hospital Wednesday with kidneys shutting down from all the antibiotics.

Currently she has minimal output, but the doctor is still positive. He wants to wait until the end of the weekend before doing dialysis.

My mother in law is a strong Christian lady, and her faithfulness is an encouragement to me. She remains positive in spirit, despite her pain and low energy level. One of the verses I have focused on during this situation and time with her is:

Nahum 1:7 (NIV)

7 The Lord is good,
   a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him,

Despite the troubles and things we may not understand, God is with us!! My family trusts in Him, and leans on Him and His word, to see her health return back to normal.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your love, grace, and healing powers. Continue to place your hands upon my mother in law, and heal her kidneys to complete health. Give her strength, peace, and protection. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Appreeciate the verse David, and prayers for your mother in law
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

slamman

thank you and my prayers go out to your mother-in-law

Roostem33

I hope she gets back on her feet really quick, my prayers for her and the family. God bless!!!   :jesus-cross:

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Lumpy

I lift up David's mother in law to you Daddy, and in the name of Jesus I speak over her kidneys, that they will work they way you designed them to work, and she will be healed and made whole!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

turkey slayer

Turkey Beard

Prayers for your M-I-L and the whole family.  Inspiring that you can draw a devotional from this situation.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Many heartfelt thanks gentleman!!!

Slight increase in her urine output today.

Please continue to keep her and the father in law in your prayers.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Quote from: BOFF on July 21, 2012, 09:33:29 PM
Many heartfelt thanks gentleman!!!

Slight increase in her urine output today.

Please continue to keep her and the father in law in your prayers.

God Bless,
David B.

Will do, David.