OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot Call Storage

Started by lvetgas, July 17, 2012, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvetgas

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I was not able to find any topics.

How does everyone store their wooden pot calls and strikers during the off season?  I am afraid to store them and find out I have damaged them when Turkey season opens.

The other question concerns keeping certain strikers with their matched pots. I wish their was a special tackle box for all of my pots.

dlquinn

I have most of mine in call pouches and there is a striker holder built into the pouch. From there they go into a plastic storage bin which is in the garage up on a shelf.

I got some of my call pouches from a sponsor of this site...Bill Baubilt Calls

http://www.bbcustomboxcalls.com/Pot%20Calls.htm
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

savduck

In a box , in a locked, dark and cooled closet where the kids cant get to them.
Georgia Boy

captin_hook

I keep all my calls and strikers in a box in my reloading room/ gun room behind a locked door. As far a matching calls with strikers, I favor certain calls over others and I just remember the striker / pot combo. When I get a new call, I go through all my strikers to find my favorite combo, then practice..practice..practice, until that striker combo is embedded in the brain.

eddie234

I have a section of my basement that I keep all my hunting stuff, my clothes are in some of those BIG zip lock bags stored in a plastic tote. The area is shelved so everything has its place. My turkey calls are stored in a plastic bulk ammo can with some silica gel packs thrown in to help keep moisture out. I also keep a dehumidifier running all the time.
I really don't have matched strikers, I mix and match. I got my strikers off of Neal, the yellow heart sounds great on everything!

lvetgas

Where did you get your striker storage bag and the call covers?

Both look pretty neat.

magnoliagamecalls

Use can use old shirts with pockets to keep calls in. Just take a pair of scissors and cut the pocket out. The lid of the pocket usually has a button to keep it closed.

M,Yingling

got me few of them cheap gun cabinets with the one glass  door,, can find them pretty cheap yard sales craigs list  $30 ... take gun racks out slap some 1 bys for shelves ... drill few holes for strikers  ,,got your self nice call storage ,,, 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

lonnie sneed jr.

Got my calls piled up on a desk. Got a pice of slab wood drilled and the strikers standing up in the wood. The calls I carry every year are in my turkey vest. I have 2 vest when I want to carry differant calls I just change vest, that way I do not have to change out calls. Just keep them out of direct sun light.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

ncturkey

I keep my pots callers on top of am old RCA recordplayer cabinet in my Mancave.
And I keep my striker on top of a Old Zenith Console Stereo cabinet.

ncturkey

here is another place I store some calls in. I use to keep my pot calls in there too. But I ran out of room.