turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger M3500

Started by GobblinNC, July 15, 2012, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobblinNC

I just picked up a Stoeger M3500, couldn't resist the price. pretty much going to be used as a waterfowl gun. i have shot several boxes of light loads through it and am loving it so far. Do any of ya'll have this gun? opinions on it?

SumToy

Congrads on the new gun.  I have had a few of them in and they shoot good.  Got a friend with one that will not shoot low brass junk shells.  Other then that one they all good.  Throw the turkey choke that came in it away go get you a aftermarket one of some kind if you want to turkey hunt. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

rdmar

I thought my turkey choke that came with it shot the winn extended range number 6 pretty good but when I get some money together I wanna get one of yours sumtoy. I really wanna come to your shop

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

SumToy

Quote from: rdmar on July 15, 2012, 10:41:22 PM
I thought my turkey choke that came with it shot the winn extended range number 6 pretty good but when I get some money together I wanna get one of yours sumtoy. I really wanna come to your shop

They do but have seen that most of them swell up and get hard to take out.   I will be glad to help you or point in the way of folks that can. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

rdmar

After I saw the pics of what Tim stanfords 3500 will do I will be getting in touch with you

TauntoHawk

waiting til spring when they should release the M3500 with steady grip and 24" barrel
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20ga.turkeyshooter

has any one tested chokes for the m3500? I need a choke/shell combo that will atleast drop a bird at 45 yards

SKFOOTER

Jelly Head .655 and 3.5" 2 1/4 oz Hevi #7.

reynolds243

Had awesome results from hevi choke 655 and SumToy 650. Both pattern pics are in the pattern thread.

Was shooting magblends and hevi7's out if them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

20ga.turkeyshooter

[quote author=reynolds243
Had awesome results from hevi choke 655 and SumToy 650. Both pattern pics are in the pattern thread.

Was shooting magblends and hevi7's out if them.                                                               

Were you shooting 3 inches or 3.5 and which was better magblends or hevi 7#?

the Ward

Like Renolds243 i also had awesome results with a sumtoy .650 and 3" magblends out of my vinci. If I was strictly shooting htl I mite go to a .655 -.660 to open it up a little,with the .650 I was getting over 220 in the ten at 40 yds with 3" magblends.For Waterfowl i'm running a sumtoy fowl play Lite mod and my son is using a sumtoy air traffic control LM choke,both  shoot excellent patterns and we are very happy with them.I have also heard the hevi shot waterfowl tubes shoot real well.I usually shoot kent faststeel 3" #2s -#4s and my son uses black clouds #3s -#4s with his air traffic control.I also Shoot a trulock black cloud full and it shoots good too.Congrats on the new gun!.......ward

gagamegetter

Love mine like stated above sumtoy 650 and magblends are the ticket