OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Have To Brag!

Started by guesswho, July 02, 2012, 03:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I just got back from St. Augustine.  Went to visit some friends there over the weekend,  My buddy talked me into playing a double header Friday night in slow pitch softball.  I just turned 52 and haven't played in about 20 years.  I thought I would be sore all over from practice and then playing the next day.  To my surprise I wasn't one bit sore, until my buddy's twelve year old daughter challenged me to a 50 yard dash the next day.  I put on so much trash talking that I had to race.  First race I beat her by about a step.  She said she wasn't ready and I got a head start so we had to go again.  Second race was close but I still beat her, but she said it was a tie.  So on to the rubber match.  This time her Dad got in it also.  He pulled up lame at about the 20 yard mark, I pulled my quad muscle in my right leg at the finish line, but I won.  Victory has it's price sometimes.  But at least I won, and I know I still got it.  I've got the speed of a twelve year old girl.  Well actually she's eleven but will be twelve this month, plus out running a twelve year old girl sounds more impressive than out running an eleven year old.   As soon as I'm able to walk again I'm going to have to go back down there and take my vitory lap! :D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Glad to see ya still got it!
You need to get up here and catch Harrison. I'm tired of sitting back there!

guesswho

Quote from: chatterbox on July 02, 2012, 03:55:00 PM
Glad to see ya still got it!
You need to get up here and catch Harrison. I'm tired of sitting back there!
Sitting sounds pretty attractive right now.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

haha way to go old man!! :emoticon-cartoon-012:

TRKYHTR

That is hilarious. I watched Preacher beat a 12 y o boy in the 30 yard dash. I don't think he could have made it 40 yards. He's still got some speed. After having 2 knee surgeries and being a catcher for many years I wan't about to get in that race. I'll be the cheerleader from the sidelines.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

El Pavo Grande

I just had a visual of Usain Bolt gliding across the finish line.

I have a bum knee and the last time I smack talked my 10 year old niece into racing, I couldn't walk for a few days.

FANMAN

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on July 02, 2012, 05:20:01 PM
I just had a visual of Usain Bolt gliding across the finish line.

I have a bum knee and the last time I smack talked my 10 year old niece into racing, I couldn't walk for a few days.

Yeah...just a little slower than Usain..... but with a lot more jiggling.

GobbleNut

Yep, the older I get the harder it is to find somebody that I have a competitive advantage over.  Guess that's why I hang out here,....don't have to prove nothin',...just talk the talk, don't have to walk the walk!...it hurts too much....                                              :toothy9:   :toothy12:   :toothy9:    :toothy12:    :toothy9:    :toothy12:    :toothy9:

guesswho

Quote from: FANMAN on July 02, 2012, 05:52:41 PM
Yeah...just a little slower than Usain..... but with a lot more jiggling.
And more wobbling.  After the third race she was the only one left standing up.

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 02, 2012, 06:04:39 PM
  Yep, the older I get the harder it is to find somebody that I have a competitive advantage over.                                             :toothy9:   :toothy12:   :toothy9:    :toothy12:    :toothy9:    :toothy12:    :toothy9:
The older I get, the better I was!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

TnTurk

I know exactly what you guys are thinking. My brain says yes... yes, but my body says no... no. That's OK, cause I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was.   :emoticon-cartoon-012: :you_rock:

Tail Feathers

The older I get the better I used to be.

Thankfully we don't have to prove that up on the internet! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Eric Gregg

For some reason Toby Keith's song "As good once as I ever was" comes to mind :TooFunny:

Preacher

Man I use to be fast,   Now I am on 3 different meds. daily and cant keep my left hand still.   

BUT I ANIT SCARED, LETS HAVE AN OLD GOBBLER OVER 40 FOOT RACE.
Romans 8:37

guesswho

Quote from: Preacher on July 03, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
BUT I ANIT SCARED, LETS HAVE AN OLD GOBBLER OVER 40 FOOT RACE.
Might have to give me a week or so, but I'm in :laugh:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Preacher

I wonder how long it will take me to lose 50 lds.     that should help my chances.

We had a youth deal at our church friday night , where we put soap , baby oil and water on a gaint tarp, and we set up teams of kids for crazy relay races.    Of course it quickly becomes a game of " who can knock the Preacher down"  I am still sore ,  BUt I will never tell those teenangers.

Romans 8:37