Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ok-Back to Pattern Boards- Heres what I got...

Started by TheSportsman, March 01, 2011, 01:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Ok guys, the season is almost here and I am making my last run to the pattern boards thur(Hopefully my last run)  Several weeks ago, the Indian Creek just didnt shoot how I wanted to it to.  So I have 3 chokes to try and several loads.  Any guesses on which is gonna be best? Wish me luck. Will Report back-

Gun: Remmy 870 Super Mag with a mirror polished 23" barrel
Sights- Double Beads

Chokes to try:
Pure Gold .670(Hoping this will be the winner)
Primos JH .665
Remington SuperFull

Loads to try- Winchester 3.5" 2oz XR 5s/Winchester 3.5" 2oz XR 6s/Hevi 13 3.5" 2 1/4oz 6s/Hevi 13 3.5" 2 1/4oz MAGBLENDS/and also just to try some of the Winchester lead HV 3.5" 5s and 6s.

What you guys think will be the winner?  Im guessin either the MBs and the Hevi 6s out of the PG- any guesses????
(

Gobble!

If it was a .660 jellyhead I would go for it but I'm gointo go with the PG and the 6s

TheSportsman

honker22

I shoot this same setup pretty much.  I hope your gun likes the PG better than mine.

For H13- the 7s did pretty good out of my JH .665.  The 6s were decent, and the MBs not so great.

Let us know what you find out and good luck.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

knightrider

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

The # 6's hevi out shot the mag blends in my Benelli

bowhunter84

the mag blends did better out of my 1187 than the 6's

Gobble!

Quote from: TheSportsman on March 01, 2011, 01:36:28 PM
6s over the MBs Gobble?

Yes but it depends on how many 7s they put in the blends. More and more people are reporting smaller and smaller holes when they use the magnum blends.

Jbird22

My vote is for the .665 JH and H-13 6's. That combo paired with my 870 SM w/ 23" bbl puts up some good #'s.

TheSportsman

Interesting.... Man Im ready for thur.  Should be clear, little or no wind, and high of 71.  Ought to be great patterning conditions