OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

need info.

Started by SumToy, June 19, 2012, 03:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greymule

I have a Browning Gold 10.  It likes Nitro H210  4X5X7.   I am looking forward to trying your choke when they are available.  :turkey2:

gobbler74

How much with the 10 chokes run on price for the heavyweights? Are you you guys going to try the non ported route? Is like to see a .685 range non ported 2" extended for those feds. Hope Yall nail that down its a much needed choke. :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SumToy

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 24, 2012, 02:48:40 PM
How much with the 10 chokes run on price for the heavyweights? Are you you guys going to try the non ported route? Is like to see a .685 range non ported 2" extended for those feds. Hope Yall nail that down its a much needed choke. :icon_thumright:

We will not have ports.  You can only do so much with them.  A lot more to making a choke work.   A lot of time goes in the R&D to make them work.   We move things around and I like to play with multiple angles.  We going to start next week with them.  Think it is going to be fun.  Looking forward to see how much I can tear up.  :drool:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobbler74

Quote from: SumToy on June 24, 2012, 03:11:45 PM

We will not have ports.  You can only do so much with them.  A lot more to making a choke work.   A lot of time goes in the R&D to make them work.   We move things around and I like to play with multiple angles.  We going to start next week with them.  Think it is going to be fun.  Looking forward to see how much I can tear up.  :drool:
So what's the guestimated price you think?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SumToy

should not be much more then a 12ga choke.  I have always been the type that it is same amount of time and work to build a choke.  It don't matter if it goes in a $200 Moss 500 or a $10000 Perazzi.  :icon_thumright:  Now we may be a few bucks more because we will step up to a bigger choke OD if you want it the same as OD of barrel.  

65 to 75
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobbler74

Quote from: SumToy on June 26, 2012, 09:36:00 PM
should not be much more then a 12ga choke.  I have always been the type that it is same amount of time and work to build a choke.  It don't matter if it goes in a $200 Moss 500 or a $10000 Perazzi.  :icon_thumright:  Now we may be a few bucks more because we will step up to a bigger choke OD if you want it the same as OD of barrel.  

65 to 75

:icon_thumright: That good

shotgun_oly

.685 non-ported did the best for me with the Fed. HW #6's through my gold  :OGturkeyhead: I think that would be a great place to start with the HW's, well see about the 7's after the heat passes  :turkey2:

Thegobblergetter

William, have you come up with anything with the HW 6's and an SP-10?  Just checking as we have not heard from you in awhile.  Thanks, John

TN-Hunter

nitro 101L #4,5 And7 hevi shot is all I shoot. I have tried others but this is the best stuff I have ever fond. It is expensive but not near the price of a missed turkey! IMO!

SumToy

Quote from: Thegobblergetter on July 23, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
William, have you come up with anything with the HW 6's and an SP-10?  Just checking as we have not heard from you in awhile.  Thanks, John

We have not had any good weather to try them in. 95 to 100  or rain.    Now in the last test the 6 did better then the 7. 

deadbuck

William,
Do you have any results yet on the sp10 and mag blend combo with your choke? Also, do you plan on trying a NEF 10 and mag blend combo? A lot of guys on here shoot single barrel 10's.
Thanks

woodchip

Quote from: deadbuck on July 26, 2012, 10:49:09 AM
William,
Also, do you plan on trying a NEF 10 and mag blend combo? A lot of guys on here shoot single barrel 10's.
Thanks

:icon_thumright:

SumToy

Did they put chokes in them.  If so what thread is it.  I will try them all.  :z-dizzy:

jerf

h&r is the same as browning.

SumToy

Ok this was the mag blend.  It was 215 in the 10.  I like the looks of it.  The fed 7 I have are all over the place.  I am going back to the 6 to see if it is the shell.